Sorry, I Thought You Were A Girl But I'm Glad I Did Because You're Cute-Ryden

A/N: I came out with this in class while we were watching Brain Games and they did this experiment and I imminently was like "wow, I should turn this into a fanfic!" so here it is.

A/U: I thought you were a girl from the experiment but I'm glad you came over to talk to me because you're actually really cute, will you go on a date with me?

Brendon's POV:

My best friends, Spencer and Dallon, and I were walking through campus for one if those 'Welcome back students! Even though you don't want to be here, we came up with a really crappy idea to make you all happier' carnival.

"Anyone like to participate in this experiment, it'll only take a few minutes!" I heard one of the professors call.

"Ah! Brendon, Dallon, Spencer, would you care to participate, it will only take a few minutes." Mr. Hoppus, the neuropsychologist professor asked me.

Mr. Hoppus was one of the best professors on campus, well him and Mr. Armstrong who is the music professor.

"Sure, Mr. Hoppus! Our pleasure." Dallon stepped in with that huge smile of his before we could decide for ourselves or find out what it is we are doing. I know, I know, I would like to know that I'm not going to sell my soul on the black market before I agree to something, is that so much to ask for?

"Great! Here, Brendon, why don't you go first. Stand here-" Mr. Hoppus said pointing to a spot a few feet away from a cheerleader holding a black sign that read 'X' on it in white.

"Here's what you're going to do. Stare at the white 'X' and no where else. Got that?" I nodded in response. "Good, I'm going to bring out a group of cheerleaders who will stand next to Haley." He added pointed toward the girl holding the sign. "After that, you're going to tell me which cheerleader you thought was the prettiest, now remember don't take your eyes off the 'X'" Mr. Hoppus finished off, which I nodded again.

I happen to be gay as fuck but I did as I was told, and Mr. Hoppus came back.

"Now, which cheerleader did you think was the prettiest?"

"Uh, the girl on the left."

"I'm going to bring out the cheerleaders and show you who you picked, and why."

Two more people came out and stood in either side of Hayley. Surprised, I saw a boy who had brown hair, tall and may I say he's the most beautiful boy ever.

"Now, you picked Ryan-" he said pointing to the beautiful boy on the left. "-and I'll tell you why, because your brain was focused on the 'X' it only processed outlines-" he continued explaining what had happened but I was too busy staring at the boy in a mini skirt.

"-this was all part of an experiment I've wanted to try out. Don't worry, many other people also said the 'girl' on the left, it's completely normal." Mr. Hoppus finished.

"Hey, thought I was a girl, too? Couldn't help notice you staring. Its okay, though, I get that a lot." Ryan smiled while putting one hand on his hip.

"Um, uh, I'm Brendon and uh, you just look really good in that skirt." Oh god, I think I just ruined my life. Why the hell would you say that, Brendon? For all you know he could be straight or worse a meninist. I shuttered at the thought of liking a meninist.

"Thanks, Hun. But I think those jeans look extremely hot on you" he said a smirk spread across his face.

"Are you flirting with me?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yes, I am. Now, I'm going to cut to the point, you're extremely cute and I was wondering if you would go on a date with me. Possibly tonight at 7?" He said with confidence in his voice.

"Of course, I'm glad I picked you as the prettiest even though I thought you were a girl at first." I said laughing a but taking out my phone so he can put his number in.

"See you then, Brendon" Ryan winked and walked off swaying his hips. I have him a wave and small smile. Who knew boys could look this good in skirts?

~TIME LAPSE TO LATER THAT NIGHT~

"Oh my god! What am I going to wear I could go wi- GERARD STOP SUCKING FACE WITH FRANK!" I screeched. I did not need to see one of my best friends and roommate making out with their boyfriend.

They pulled away and Gerard spoke up first while he pulled away from Frank on his lap, "Do you mind? I'm busy." He motioned between Frank and him.

"Goddamn it, Gerard! If Patrick were here he would help me but of course he's not and I'm stuck with a man who wears the same black jeans everyday." I grumbled in response to Gerard's immaturity.

"If you want, I can help you decide what to wear?" Frank offered getting off of Gerard's lap while he made a noise of protest.

"Thanks, Frank" I said with a small smile. Frank wasn't the most fashionable person out there, he was currently wearing an Anti-Flag t-shirt and black skinny jeans with beat up maroon vans. It was better than nothing.

"So, what are you planning in wearing? And who's the lucky guy?" He said sounding like a school child finding out their friend's crush.

"I ALMOST DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL TO MOVE TO LA WHERE I WAS ALMOST FAMOUS FOR ALMOST A DAY AND I ALMOST HAD YOU!" Patrick, my other best friend and roommate, barged in singing some Bowling For Soup song.

"Ugh! Do you mind? I'm trying to get ready for a date!" I screamed in pure annoyance really doubting how good of friends they were.

"Holy smokes! The Brendon Urie finally has a date!" Patrick screeched picking clothes out of my closet, bombarding me with questions about him.

It was finally 7, and I just finished answering all questions they had about Ryan and how we met. I settled on black skinny jeans, a Red Hot Chilli Peppers shirt and a pair of vans. I was starting to get a little nervous when he didn't show up by 7:10, what can I say, I'm a nervous guy?

I heard a knock on the door and by then Gerard and Frank went back to having a heated make-out session on the couch and Patrick went off to write some music. I opened the door and was greeted by a smiling and out-of-breath Ryan. Damn, he looked hot.

"Hey," he said first out if breath. "Hey, Ryan. Are you okay? You seem out of breath." I asked concerned. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. My roommate, Pete, promised to help pick out an outfit but he was off with some guy." He said giggling a little bit. At the mention of this "Pete", Patrick's head shot up and looked a little guilty.

"Oh, okay-" I smiled a little to show it was okay. "-well, these are my best friends, Patrick and Gerard, oh and his boyfriend Frank." I smiled pointing at each of them. "Goddamn it, Gerard! Can you stop making out with Frank for 5 minutes?" I asked jokingly. "Sorry, man", he mumbled and continued kissing frank.

Ryan laughed a little which happened to be the cutest sound ever, "it's okay, my roommate, Pete, has a boyfriend named Patrick. Funny, right? I'm pretty sure he was just with him-" Ryan was cut off when Patrick's phone started to ring, "CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE US FROM PUNK ROCK 101". Patrick tried to whisper, "Pete, babe, not right now, Ryan is over here."

All heads turned to Patrick and he just gave a small smile but everyone now knew he and Pete were a thing.

"Well, shall we go?" I motioned to the door and Ryan followed close in tow.

~TIME LAPSE TO END OF DATE~

"That was a great date, thank you so much!" I squealed and crushed my lips to Ryan's. He kissed back eagerly but I broke us apart.

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"I do." Who knew I would be saying that six years later when he asked me to marry him?