Can't Help Falling In Love With You-Peteky

YBC!Pete // Killjoy!Mikey; A/U: The Youngbloods and Killjoys are rival groups, always at constant conflict. The biggest hardship about the rivalry between the two enemies is falling in love with someone of the opposite group. Especially someone you're supposed to hate.

Mikey's POV:

"Mikey! Are you even listening?" My older brother, and leader of the Killjoys, whisper-screamed as the four if us hid in the bushes. We were currently spying on our rivals, The Youngbloods.

The reason for our hatred for one another? I wouldn't be able to tell you myself without the risk of being captured.

"Uh-um, yeah?" I lied horribly and Ray managed to see right through me, thankfully he let it slip, as he wasn't listening either. Although knowing my luck, Gerard could of been discussing a new plan that I would be completely oblivious too it.

Night came again, far too fast for my liking which means I must confront my thoughts.

I sat at the edge of the Killjoys' territory, carful not to exceed the safety line that divided the Killjoys from The Youngbloods.

Little did the rest of the guys know, I didn't want this life, I talked to Frank about wishing I didn't have to fight other people. He just told me how many people with kill for this position.

I was drowning in thought, my mind cluttered with ideas and possibly theories about different things, not seeing a figure come up behind me.

"Hey, are you okay?" A soft voice spoke and telling by the sound it was possibly a male talking.

"No, I'm not okay." I replied back honestly. I didn't know who the voice came from and I know better than trusting them with personal information but at the moment I didn't care who heard my thoughts.

"I'm not doing to well either," the voice came out shaky and they took a seat facing me. I picked my face out if my heads desperately trying to make out the figure from the dark.

"Look, I know we're rivals. Tonight can we just forget about that, please? Promise me whatever we tell eachother stays between us?" The person almost begged me. I'm guessing he took my silence as a invitation to continue.

"I'm Pete." He outstretched his hand which I carefully took into my own to shake. "Mikey." I was carful not to use my Killjoy name from risk of him identifying who I am.

We talked for hours under the stars, I felt a weird connection to the boy that I wasn't pleased to realize. What would everyone think if I told them I made friends with our rivals?

He told me how he wasn't very impressed with what he was doing, he didn't want to disappoint everyone. I understood him completely, he put my thoughts into words without even realizing.

I told him how I'm not a very violent guy, how I'm only part of the Killjoys because my brother is the leader and I wouldn't be able to live with myself when the guilt of disappointment rains down on me.

After a while it was only a few hours before the sun would arise and another day of planning, fighting and training would be upon us both.

Pete was the first to break the silence which we had took a brief break to gather our thoughts to share, "I need to get going, if Patrick finds out I was gone all night he'd be questioning me even though I am his best friend."

I looked back at him with disappointed eyes wishing we could talk longer. Knowing better than to spend any more time with a Youngblood in broad daylight I felt myself nodding.

"We should do this again. As sad as this may seem but you're the only person I could talk to even if you are a rival. Meet me here tomorrow night, same time, same spot." Pete finished waving to me as he walked back into the darkness.