Hostage Part 1

I plop down on my cozy bed, ready to indulge in some TikTok videos. Just as I hit play, I heard a knock at the door. Ugh, finally, my pizza is here! I quickly turn off my phone and head downstairs to grab my long-awaited dinner.

As I swing open the door, a young guy greets me with a smile and hands me my pizza.

"One small cheese pizza for Desiree Pucket?" he asks.

"That would be me," I reply, reaching out to take the box. "I already paid online, didn't I?" He nods and checks his phone, confirming my payment.

I head back inside, pizza box in hand, and immediately take a slice. The warm, gooey cheese and crispy crust are the perfect cure for my hunger. I settle onto my couch, turn on my favorite show, and devour half the pizza in no time.

But as I lay on my side, feeling full and content, something strange began to happen. The room starts to spin, and my stomach churns uncomfortably. Suddenly, my eyes close on their own, and I pass out.

I open my eyes slightly. Ugh, my head hurts. I try to move my hand, but it's stuck. Shit. My wrists and ankles are tied to a chair, and a bright ass light is shining on me from above. The rest of the room is dark.

"Hello?" I say, my energy completely depleted. I think someone put something on that pizza. Or maybe this is a really bad dream.

"Oh, she's awake." A guy says, coming into my view. He has blonde hair and green eyes. Fuckin' smokin' hot. "Finally." He says.

In the darkness surrounding me, I see a couple of men in black clothing, standing straight up like they're in the army, with their heads high.

The blonde guy comes closer to me, smiling. "I'm going to ask you a question and you're going to answer me honestly. Where were you last night?"

"Listen, man. You are thirteen days late for this." Because it's April 14th, duh. He pulls out a gun from under his jacket and cocks it back. I'm not sure this is a dream.

"This isn't a goddamn game, sweetheart." My smirk fades. "Where did you go last night?"

"I-I went to my boyfriend's house." He nods.

"Where'd he tell you he was going? Hm?" I blink.

"What?" This is absurd.

"I don't have all fucking day." He says with a wicked smile.

"He didn't say shit about going anywhere." He chuckles darkly.

"Okay." He snaps his fingers at a guy in the darkness. The guy nods and opens a door, pulling out a giant container of water. "You see, Desiree. I don't like that answer."

   "What?" I yank at the rope tying my wrists, but they only become tighter.

The guard guy puts the water container in front of me and stands behind me.

"Dunk her." Blonde guy says.

"What?!" The guard guy grabs the back of my neck, and dunks my head in the water!

I was too busy yelling to take a breath! I try to pull out of the water, but I can't move at all! The water is burning my eyes, so I close them.

He won't kill me. Wake up Desiree! Goddamn, this isn't a dream! I feel my heartbeat slowing, my throat burning. I continue to try and move. I hear my heartbeat in my head, my skin feels numb.  

Suddenly I get yanked out of the water, some of my hair strands stick to my face, and I take a very deep breath. Thank god! I open my eyes to a blurry vision. The blonde guy grabs my chin and makes me look at him. He gets down to my level.

"He has no problem doing that again, sweetheart. So you tell me what the fuck I want to hear."

"You said I have to tell the truth, and I did!" He smiles with rage in his eyes. "I do not know what you're talking about."

He let go of my chin, shoving my head to the side in the process.

"Dunk her." He says.

My head gets shoved under the water, again! I breathed in damn water! Oh. My. God. What did Demarcus do? I suddenly get yanked out of the water. I take a deep breath, also coughing out that damn water. He grabs my chin again and takes a photo of me. He lets go and turns around, texting someone on his phone. I continue coughing.

"Bring her to her room." He walks away.

"What do you mean? Excuse me?!"

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my neck, I look at see the guy who dunked me injecting something into me. My eyes shut and everything goes black.