Part 9

"Oh! Freddy!" A big man with a loud voice yells, walking up to the blonde guy with his arms wide, and a big smile.

He hugs the blonde guy tightly. He looks around my age. Maybe older.

"Mr. Fox, it's so nice to be back." He says with a big friendly smile.

Freddy. I'm guessing that isn't his real name. They let go of each other. The man looks at me, and gasps. I smile.

"And you must be Sarah!" He says.

He is very handsome. Short brown hair, infusing blue eyes, and a strong jaw.

"I am, Mr. Fox. It's so nice to finally meet you." I reach out my hand.

"Oh, don't be silly!" He comes in for a big hug.

He tightly squeezes me in his arms. He smells like soap and.. money. He lets go. I make sure to smile big and act like I want to be here.

An older woman with long platinum blonde hair walks up to me.

"Oh, honey. Don't suffocate the poor girl. She only just got here." She teases.

She reaches her hand out, and I shake it.

"I'm Karly Fox, Jackson's mother. I'm sure Freddy has told you about me."

"Oh, yeah, of course," I lie. She turns her focus to the blonde guy.

"Nice to see you, Freddy." She says with almost a blank stare, just resentment in her eyes.

Drama.

"Even better to see you, Karly." He smirks.

They stare at each other for a moment. It is who I am guessing is named Jackson, the loud one, who breaks the silence by clearing his throat.

"We should head inside," Jackson says.

"Right," Karly says.

"Right." Blonde guy/Freddy says.

I'll just think of him as Freddy for tonight. We follow Karly and Jackson into the mansion. There are guys in uniform holding a plate of champagne, and many more older fancy people talking together in pairs. I look up at the extremely high ceiling and at the big chandelier.

"Hi." Someone says in front of me.

I look down to see another platinum blonde-haired girl, younger than me, smiling.

"I'm Sky Fox." She says with her high-pitched voice.

"I'm Sarah Hanston." Her eyes widen.

"The Sarah?" She asks.

"I'm- yeah, guess I am."

"Wow, wow. Hi." She nervously laughs.

Freddy stands close next to me. Her smile lessens when she sees him.

"Wow. Both Hanston's in one day. So nice to meet you, sir. I'm Sky Fox." She nervously smiles.

"Nice to meet you. If you'll excuse us-" He says.

"Oh, of course." She says.

I follow Freddy across the room, saying occasional hellos to people, and then we head upstairs.

I wonder what that's all about. Is this Sarah and Freddy Hanston popular, or are the nervous smiles just from Freddy's beauty? I follow Freddy down a quiet Hallway, he stops in front of a double door.

"I need you to stay quiet." He says.

"Duh," I whisper.

He opens the door slowly and scans the room. I feel like I'm a spy right now. He moves out of the way and lets me into the room. The room has a single desk and chair. It's a small room.

Freddy closes the door until it's only open a crack. He goes behind the desk. He looks below the desk and seems to have found something. I walk next to him. It's a keypad. He looks at it for a moment, then types in four, three, nine, four.

It dings, and the drawer opens. There's a single flash drive.

"What's in it?" I ask.

He grabs it and shoves it into his pocket.

"What did I say about staying quiet?" He asks, quietly closing the drawer.

"My bad. I didn't expect us to be stealing or on a spy mission."

"If you don't-"

"Haha! Okay, okay, I'll be back!" I hear Jackson yell from near the door.

Shit! What if he finds us in here?! What would we say? What's a good excuse? Kissing! Duh! We are married!

"Kiss me!" I yell-whisper.
He hesitates for a moment, then he grabs my waist and pulls me closer. I feel my stomach start to flutter. He grabs my face and pulls me into a kiss. His lips are soft, but his grip is firm and sexy. He smells.. like a man. A clean, crazy, expensive man. I don't know what I mean, but he smells something like diamonds.

I put my arms around his neck when I heard sliding doors open. I pull away from Freddy when I see Jackson standing in the doorway. He seems very drunk. He smiles.

"Oh, sorry!" I say.

"No, no. I get it. Gotta keep up the grind." He says. "I get it, Freddy. I wouldn't be able to resist a face and body like that." He laughs.

Freddy laughs.

"Right. Well, it's getting late." Freddy says.

"Oh, don't worry. I get it, you have to get back to your science stuff. I won't hold you two." Jackson says.

So we're scientists now?