Part 13

As we walk out of the doors, the captivating melody lingers in my mind. I can hear the sound of my heels hitting the pavement as I make my way to the car, while he follows behind me. After I slam the car door shut, he takes the driver's seat, and we start moving.

It's only 12:27, and I can't help but ask him to play more of Billie Eilish's songs. He fiddles with the iPad, clicks on my favorite playlist, and shuffles it. As we pull out of the parking spot, "Hostage" starts playing. I turn up the volume to 23, and we drive onto the road.

"I wanna be alone," I sing with the lyrics. "Alone with you, does that make sense?"

I gaze out the window, watching the cars go by.

"I wanna steal your soul."

We turn left onto the road, and I look over at Marias. Our eyes meet, and then unexpectedly, he turns on his blinker. We turn right into an empty parking lot and park in front of the curb.

Marias puts his hand on his head, his lips drawn into a straight line.

"I don't know what to do," I continue singing.
I stare into space beside him, and he catches a glimpse of me.

"To do with your kiss on," I look at him. "My neck.."

I see the way he's looking at me, and the next verse begins, but I can't take my eyes off him.

Suddenly, he leans in and presses his lips onto mine. Everything around me fades away, and my body turns warm as I kiss him back. What is happening? What are we doing?

He groans softly, then pulls away. I whisper with the music, "But this feels right so stay a sec.."

He leans back into his seat and stares out the window, his hand clenched into a fist.

He glances over at me and softly says, "Put your seatbelt on."

I snap back to reality and quickly buckle up as we start backing out.