Chapter 17: "Alone!"

{Mia's POV}

I walk into House's office as it was just House and I much to my dislike. House was currently playing a guitar as he'd suddenly become obsessed with them.

"26 years old female. Gas pipes exploded under office building. She was pulled out of the rubble after six hours." Cuddy says.

"Ooh. Finally, I can stop being bored and annoyed." I say.

"I can switch you to other classes." Cuddy says.

"No, I'm totally fine with helping House. I'm studying Diagnostic Medicine and if it has to be with a guy who fired my boyfriend, and made our two friends resign then so be it." I say.

"You make it sound like a bad thing." House says.

"It was." I say in unison with Cuddy.

"Two surgeries for multiple fractures and burns." Cuddy says.

"I'm thinking the broken bones are a response to the building falling on her head." House says.

"And the fever? She's the only collapse victim whose body temp—" Cuddy says and House interrupts her.

"Put her on antipyretics." House says.

"Already have. The fever is holding at 104." Cuddy says.

"If the nurse and I finish with the woman by the end of the day will you go away for a week?" House asks.

"Fine." Cuddy says.

"This isn't going to come out of next semesters grade, is it?" I ask.

"No." Cuddy says.

"Oh good." I say.

House orders me to get to work and he makes me play Robert, Cameron and Foreman as well as myself which makes me answer questions. We get assistance from a janitor who later reveals that he is against breaking and entering. House drags me and Wilson to the place.

We begin looking around and I stand watching as House and Wilson argue a little.

"You know, other than the fact you two aren't gay and aren't together you two act like an old married couple." I say and walk away leaving them with their mouths hanging open.

House ends up finding a secret diary and makes up a theory that the woman was depressed. He sends the janitor in to get the mother of the woman to consult and ends up getting called to Cuddy's office. I text Robert while House goes looking for his guitar that was stolen.

'Hey.' I text.

'Hey beautiful, how's it going today?' Robert replies.

'House bounced ideas off a janitor.' I text.

'He did what?' Robert replies with multiple question marks.

'Yeah, unbelievable.' I reply.

'And what did you do?' Robert replies.

'Well, he's an idiot so I helped Wilson steal his guitar.' I reply and I could tell that Robert was laughing.

'And he'll never know?' Robert replies.

'And he'll never know.' I reply back.

'Serves him right.' Robert replies.

'He's frantically searching for it.' I reply.

'Good. Where is it anyway?' Robert replies asking.

'I don't want to risk he steals my phone.' I reply.

'Alright, tell me later.' He replies and I close my phone.

The next day, the two of us bounce theories off each other until he gets the box that Wilson ordered me to give him. He goes to talk to Wilson and then goes to sit in the observation room. He discovers that the woman was recently pregnant. My mouth drops open in shock as I stood in the observation room with Cuddy.

Later, House heads in search of help. He begins going over what he does know trying to find out what he doesn't know. I head into his office when Wilson enters the room and I look at him.

Finally, House ends up figuring out that the woman was not Megan but in fact Megan's coworker by the name of Liz. The remaining time of the year, House was going through doctors left and right. He often annoyed me because I wasn't a doctor just yet. The following may, Wilson's girlfriend who was a doctor under House who he called Cutthroat Bitch ends up passing away. Though not working under House, Robert, Cameron and Foreman were working at the hospital. I got very lonely as Robert took up being a surgeon to keep us afloat. Two months following Cutthroat Bitch's death, everything was getting back to normal, minus Wilson. Foreman even rejoined the team which made being annoyed by House more tolerable considering Robert asked Foreman to look after me. During this year though, I watched Chase make a huge transition into the surgical team. I only saw him when House needed his help with cases.