Chapter 8: "Safe!"

{Mia's POV}

A few weeks later, I wake up earlier than normal as usual and start making breakfast. I get coffee going in the pot as I am working on the pancakes. I got Robert to agree that I'd do the cooking when we were actually able to be home. Each day was different and I basically forced him to eat so that he wouldn't be hungry. I'd been warned how some doctors don't eat most meals because they are too busy. He ends up following his nose and he hugs me from behind.

"Pancakes? You spoil me." Robert says and I giggle.

"I just want to make sure we actually get some food in our systems." I say as I reach over and flip a pancake before flipping some sausage patties.

"And Sausage. Why did you have to be beautiful and a cook?" Robert asks.

"Hey, don't complain, we are rare." I say.

"Oh, trust me I know." Robert says and runs his fingers through his own hair before getting the plates, silverware and syrup.

Robert's pager goes off as we finish breakfast and he looks at me. We were busy kissing for a little as he could resist kissing me.

"House has ordered us to the office. Looks like we've got a patient in need of Diagnostic Medicine." Robert says.

"He asked for me too?" I ask.

"Yep, he's arranged with Cuddy and nurses to give you time to work with us. You know, I think he does this specifically to torture me." Robert says.

"Why do you say that?" I ask as I step into the bathroom and pull on a white shirt and dress pants before pulling on a jacket before putting my hair into a tight bun.

"Well, because he knows we are dating and when you dress like that, you are unbelievingly beautiful, as usual and he expects me to do something about it, but I can't even if were at that stage." Robert says running a brush through his own hair before we both stand brushing our teeth.

"Because I'm your coworker when I'm in his office, I'm not just 'the sexy nurse'. Is he ever going to stop calling me that? It's a little rude." I say.

"It does it because he notices that it irritates me." Robert says.

"Am I?" I ask.

"What?" Robert asks.

"A sexy nurse?" I ask and he gets quiet as if he's searching for the answer.

"That originated from a sexist joke that he said to irritate me. You are my girlfriend and yes, I do find you sexy, but he has twisted it into something worse in his mind." Robert says.

"What was the joke?" I ask. Robert once again gets quiet and he gulps visibly.

"He wanted to know if you've ever dressed as a sexy nurse for me before we've done it. I told you never have and that we never have and he found it hilarious so has made that your permanent nickname because he doesn't believe me." Robert says.

"Oh." I say and my cheeks turn red. We'd never gotten on that subject. I'm sure we are the only ones at the hospital excluding children that aren't actually doing it like that. I've never given and of the signs and Robert has never admitted that he would want to. I get quiet as we leave the house and I blush deeply on the way to the hospital. I wondered if there was a problem with us not being active like that. We did everything else other than that. Robert told me that he'd gone to a seminary, which is the equivalent of a Roman Catholic school for clergy, academia, or ministry. That didn't necessarily mean that we couldn't, but it'd never really come up either.

Later that day, I stay with Foreman to run some tests on the patient, Melinda.

{Normal POV}