Chapter 12: "Finding Judas!"

{Mia's POV}

A detective named Michael Tritter has been investigating House on his supposed theft of Wilson's prescription pad. Tritter has tried to divide the loyalties of the team which only resulted in Foreman and Cameron having their suspicions while Chase was still loyal. The few times Tritter asked to speak with me, I told him I was uncomfortable speaking to him alone, but refused to have anyone else in the room while we spoke. I quickly answered some of his questions then went to find Chase. All this went on during a case on a coma guy and his son. The guy who was in a coma ended up dying and giving his heart to his son.

Today, Robert and I were enjoying ourselves before work. I was making breakfast and he was half asleep as he'd just followed his nose to my cooking.

"Mhm, that smells so good." Robert says.

"You say that every morning." I say.

"Only because it's true. You are really amazing at cooking." Robert says.

"I have leftovers from yesterday for lunch and dinner if we need it today." I say.

"Yeah, chicken fajitas were really good last night." Robert says.

"I have a secret ingredient." I say.

"Love?" Robert asks.

"That's the obvious secret ingredient." I say, "Nope, something more important." I turn to look at him and he kisses me.

"A secret you can't tell me?" Robert asks.

"I can't tell you all my secrets about cooking as a precaution." I say, "It's my secret ingredient. I've never heard anyone using it."

"Is this about you worrying I'd break up with you?" Robert asks and I blush as look away with a small nod, "Why would I break up with a beautiful, talented cook like you? I'd starve." He kisses my forehead and I look at him as he walks over and get the plates. We hadn't moved our relationship forward either. I wasn't wanting to be one of those girlfriends who begs for something to happen, but I couldn't help, but think there was something wrong. I brush the thought away as Robert looks at me he puts the plates on the table. We eat breakfast and head to the hospital.

We instantly get put on a case and I notice House acting like an idiot with his bottle of his pain medication. I leave the room with the others and listen to the groups conversation while Robert did the ultrasound of the little girl's gall bladder. Robert goes and gives the report to the parents of the little girl. House gets a judge to have the mother to agree on the surgery when she says no.

After the surgery, Foreman is called into the room and discovering the little girl might be allergic to something they used during the surgery. House walks into the office to find everyone on their phones. I was on the phone with my parents as the detective had even gone as far to mess with their accounts. I had no dog in this fight of House vs the detective and yet, I was getting treated like crap. Tritter had no right to go as far as freeze my parents accounts because he noticed my parents once gave me a loan. It happened to be for my car when I first arrived at college.

House takes Foreman's phone and the group tries our hardest to participate in talking about the patient while we were on our phones as well. Cameron hangs up as her accounts were frozen.

"Why go for my account? I'm just a student of yours. I'm not even a doctor." I say.

"You did refuse to answer his questions. I'll go get as much money as I can to hold us before he freezes mine." Robert says and I nod.

"He even froze my parents." I say.

"That's weird." House says.

"My mom was your patient." I say as I cross my arms over my chest angrily, "He must think by using my parents I'll flip on you." I say.