Chapter 14: "Fetal Position!"

{Robert's POV}

A few months pass and Mia was preparing for her finals for this semester that would be at the end of the month and beginning of May. Cuddy was making the tests a lot harder which was actually quite easy for Mia. I start working right away on a case that House brings to our attention. House was free to do whatever he wished now that he didn't have the detective breathing down the hospital's back.

{Normal POV}

Chase ends up getting annoyed when House begins annoying me. He missed Mia and she wouldn't be back for a few hours. House tells the patient who was a pregnant woman that the baby was the one causing the problems with the woman. House rolls his eyes as he was starting to get annoyed.

"I finally figure out what your problem is." House says.

"What?" Chase asks.

"You have never had sex with the nurse so you are having a problem." House says.

"Excuse me?" Chase says.

"We can all tell. You two do everything, but have sex." House says.

"I'm so glad Mia isn't here." Chase says.

"Because it's true." House says.

"I've told you before. We just haven't gotten to that stage." Chase says.

"Clock is ticking. You are both in your thirties." House says.

"About the patient, what is our next working theory?" Cameron says.

"I'm going to paralyze the baby." House says and he leaves the room.

"Never?" Foreman asks.

"Please, don't make fun." Chase says.

"Why?" Foreman asks.

"She's holding herself." Chase says.

"She's religious?" Cameron asks.

"No, she wants there to be forever feelings with that person that she does it with. I understand that." Chase says.

"But you wish that it was you." Foreman says.

"I want it to be me. I love Mia a lot and I don't know... I feel like, I want a life with her. But we are both going to be doctors what kind of life is that?" Chase says.

"Well, I think if you love her and she loves you, you should try to make two well educated doctors work." Cameron says.

{Robert's POV}

I do love Mia that much, but we weren't ready for marriage, it was only two years that we've been dating. I do hope that it would be me that she chooses to love forever, because the thought of being without her, it just hurt. I gulp as I couldn't believe I just thought that. Mia has been on my mind a lot lately and I can't help but think about her. She really makes me happy.

Later, Mia arrives and I smile at her as I really wanted to hug her. She goes with Cameron to do a bladder tap on the fetus and I sigh. I hadn't seen her all day. She drove here this morning because she wasn't actually working this case.

{Normal POV}

"Hi." Mia says walking into the room with Cameron.

"Oh, you are a new face." Emma, the woman says.

"This is Mia Greyson, she's a nurse studying to be a doctor under Dr. House." Cameron says.

"Has anyone told you that you have the face of a model?" Emma asks.