Chapter 18: "Adverse Events!"

{This is all I've got. Again, I'm sorry it's taken 5 years since the last update. This book is going on Hiatus pending a rewrite and HEAVY editing. I hope and pray you'll still be interested in the rewrite. I think I will do it. :D Thank you all so much for reading and I hope to have a new version out in a few weeks. (Or days depending on my mood)}

{Mia's POV}

So, the case begins with House making retorts about painters. I stood near the back sipping some coffee while Thirteen, Dr. Taub, and Dr. Kutner who had a bit of an annoying crush on me talked about the paintings. House watches Thirteen. I could tell that he was staring at her body which made her uneasy. She goes to talk about drugs and she looks at House.

"What are you looking at?" Thirteen asks.

"Obviously an idiot." House says and explains about her vehicle.

"Did you run a credit check on me?" Thirteen asks.

"No, that's illegal but paying someone to run it for me. Well." House says and Foreman and I raise an eyebrow at him, "What? It's part of my job."

"Part of your job is to diagnose patients." Thirteen says.

"Which means utilizing my team. How can I do that if I don't know anyone about them. Just like I know that Mia and Dr. Chase of Surgery are finally tying the knot and sleeping together." House says.

"HOUSE!" I say as my cheeks turn pink.

"Oh, you thought you were excluded?" House asks.

"You and Chase are getting married and you didn't tell me?" Foreman asks.

"We've been planning it for a year." I say as I blush deeper.

"Engaged?" Dr. Kutner asks.

"Yep so you can stop looking at her ass every chance you get and definitely stop undressing her with your eyes. Her fiancé might not have a bite, but she sure does." House says.

"I wasn't." Kutner says.

"It's obvious." Taub says.

"And creepy." I say.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have a patient with a probable brain tumor." Forman says.

"Who need an MRI with contrast we've established that, what do you got on Taub?" Kutner asks.

"I got nothing on Taub." House says.

"Could also be environmental. We should check his studio for Toxins, Mold, fungus." Thirteen says.

"Taub's wife on the other hand." House says.

"House... That's enough." Foreman and I say in unison.

"Nurse and Dad are right. This is no time for gossip. A patient desperately needs our help." House says, "Check his head and his house."

"Can't Lucas—" Kutner asks.

"Nope. He's very busy." House says and takes the papers back from Thirteen.

[LATER-Normal POV]

The group was where the patient was with other patients. Thirteen was doing the test while Foreman was by the counter. Mia was writing some things down to remember.

"If there is a tumor, this test will show us—" Foreman says.

"Is that stuff dangerous?" The patient asks.