Chapter 13: "Merry Little Christmas!"

{Mia's POV}

It was Christmas time. I was thoroughly in the spirit, but I didn't want to overdo it especially when Robert didn't have any family left to celebrate Christmas. I wasn't even sure if he was up to celebrating with me or if I'd have to go to my parents for Christmas. After just a few days, Robert's face continues to look like someone punched him. We sat in the office waiting for House to arrive with a case. I had gifts for my nurse friends and the group in a bag nearby.

"Santa needs our help." House says as he throws a file at Robert.

{Robert's POV}

I wasn't looking forward to seeing House. I'd taken a few days to avoid him so he didn't see my face. Mia thought it looked horrible and tried to have a look at it every time I was close enough to her. It hurt a little to kiss her, but kissing her was worth the pain.

"Have you gotten that looked out?" House asks.

"It's fine." I say. Cameron suggests what the little people of this case has and every time House makes a dwarf or elf joke, Mia narrows her eyes angrily.

"My best friend growing up was a little person! She was a great person with a great personality regardless of her height." Mia says.

"She must have had very little confidence then if she's no longer your friend." House says. This was the first I'd heard of Mia's friend. I just knew of her college friends. She didn't talk about any friends from growing up. Every time we spoke of it, she just got quiet just like now. Mia was staring at the folder on the table in front of her. I reach over under the table and take her hand. Cameron begins working on the patient. I pull Mia aside and I look at her. She smiles at me.

"Mia, why don't you talk about your high school days?" I ask. Her smile fades and she looks away. She gets glossy look in her eyes as if she's going to cry.

"That bad babe?" I ask and she looks at me with wide eyes. It was the first time I'd called her babe. It just sorta slipped out. I gulp as I look at her.

"Uh, well, yeah, a little." She says.

"Tell me about it when you get a chance and feel like it?" I ask and she blushes as she nods. I walk away to get some work done.

{Mia's POV}

"Tell me about it when you get a chance and feel like it?" Robert asks. I blush before nodding. He walks away to get some work done.

The things that happened between me and my group of friends during high school will be something I'll never forget. I could still see our last today together vividly in my mind every time I look at my cell phone picture of us. I stood in the middle hugging my friend who with Dwarfism from behind around her shoulders and neck with two girls and a guy with me. I was grinning, Miranda, the little person friend, was pouting as her hair was wet. The twins, a boy and girl named Arina and Viktor, and Sophia stood behind us. All of us were wearing swimsuits.

{Flashback-Normal POV}

The five teenagers were having a party a few days before graduation. It was actually warm enough surprisingly to go swimming. Arina and Viktor Stafstrom were going to be going back to Russia a few days after graduation. Their parents had business associates in America that were looking after them. This would be their last day to see each other since their last names made them separated in the graduation line. The group decided to meet at their favorite hangout then head over to surprise Miranda before heading back to Sophia's to have their party.

Upon arrival at Miranda's, she was shocked that her friends had come to find her. Mia helped her find a swim suit and they headed to Sophia's place. Right away, Miranda started to complain about the pool. It was how she was. The group decided they were going to get her to swim with them. They all head over to her and manage to throw her into the pool. She quickly got out and they all posed in a picture Sophia's mother.