Chapter 6: "Autopsy!"

{Mia's POV}

The following September, I had begun to work more and more with the team as House and Cuddy actually agreed that it would help with me learning more about Diagnostic Medicine. Robert thought it was shocking that House and Cuddy actually agreed on something. Robert and I head into work and I place our lunches that I packed into the little fridge labeled our names. I set all my books on the table to help me while Robert, Cameron and Foreman get to work on the case that House was assigned to.

"Five major surgeries, a bone marrow transplant, fourteen rounds of chemo radiation." Cameron says.

"If it was me, I'd end up staying home and watch TV or something." Robert says and I look at him.

"If it happens to you no one is going to lift a finger, well minus the sexy nurse. Differential Diagnosis, on your mark, get set." House says coming into the room sneezing. I look at House and narrow my eyes at House angrily.

"Hallucinations could be caused by—" Foreman says before House interrupts him.

"Wait for it... And go." House says. I look at Robert and then at Foreman while Cameron was up getting House something to drink.

"Latten toxicity from the chemo treatment." Foreman continues.

"Nope, patient's last round of chemo was two months ago." Cameron says.

"Genetic component?" Robert and I ask in unison and I smile as I blush.

"It's scary how you two are on the same page." House says.

"Nothing on mom. Dad split when she was pregnant. His medical history is also clean." Foreman says.

Robert suggests something from the bone marrow transplant and I look at him as I point with my pen.

"Bloodwork and LP are clean." I say and Robert nods.

We all get to work. I mainly work with Robert as he was doing most of the tests. The patient was a little nine-year-old girl named Andie. Robert explains about what he's about to do and she looks at me.

"You're really pretty for a nurse." Andie says.

"She's studying to be a doctor so she'll be pretty for a doctor one day." Robert says.

"Can I touch your hair?" Andie asks. I had it tied into an oddly shaped bun.

"It's fine." Robert says and I lean down so Andie can.

"Soft, you must wash it really well." Andie says.

"Her shampoo covers the bathroom." Robert says and I giggle.

"Ooh, I knew it. You two are in love." Andie says. Robert goes back to what he was saying and Andie looks at him.

"I was told I have a great Aorta." Andie says.

"You have had this test before." Robert says.

"Sorry, I like hearing you talk." Andie says.

"He's got a dreamy voice, doesn't he?" I ask and Robert looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Like a Prince." Andie says and I giggle, "You know... I've never kissed a boy."

"You'll be able to kiss plenty of boys as you grow up." I say.

"What's it like kissing Dr. Chase?" Andie asks.

"Hmm, magical." I say.

"Really?" Andie says, "Could I have one of those magical kisses?"