Chapter One: Flirting with Notes!

{REWRITTEN CHAPTER ONE! Changes: Mia is a student at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital as a doctor but works as a nurse at the moment, changed her father's name and added a little bit more detail.}

It was a cool warm evening. A petite brunette with beautiful green eyes is shown spinning around in her rolling chair. She flicked her pen on the desk making a little clicking sound as she was studying for a test in her anatomy class. She lifted the pen to her mouth and chewed on it a little as she did some thinking. She looked up when the buzzard on the wall by her door signaled that she had someone trying to communicate with her. She gets up and walks over and presses the button.

"Yes?" She asks as she pushes some of her brunette hair out of her face as she pulls her sleeve down from a sudden chill in the dorm room.

"Room service!" A voice calls out and her eyes lit up in realization. A smile spread across her features as she recognized the voices of her kid brother and father. She presses the button to buzz them in. She unlocked the door to her door and opened the door when she heard a knock. In the doorway was her parents and younger brother. Her brother was first followed quickly by her father while her mother brought up the rear.

"Mom! Dad! Adam! You're here!" She exclaims happily.

"This room is so dark, Mia, let some light in." Adam teases a little. She giggles as she ruffles his hair and shoves him like a typical big sister and he walks into the room. She hugs her father who took the hug then moved past her into the room.

The family name was Grayson. Maria, or Mia, a name she developed as a child when Adam couldn't pronounce his 'r's correctly, was the eldest child to Samuel and Alicia Grayson. She was the eldest of two kids, herself and Adam, who was fifteen. Mia, from a young age dreamt of being a doctor while Adam was still undecided. At the moment, Mia was going to school to be a nurse before she finished her doctorate. However, she was having difficulties in her anatomy class.

"Hi Mom." Mia tells her mother as the two embraced.

"Hi honey." Alicia explains, just a little out of breath. Mia took note of it and gave her mother a puzzled, questioning look.

"Are you okay? You're looking a little odd and you sound out of breath." Mia explains.

"I'm alright, just a little under the weather." Her mother explains, "We brought you take out."

"I can see that." Mia explains. She walks over to the table and Mia cleans it off quickly. They begin eating and Mia glances over towards her mother who let out a small gasp.

"Mom?" Mia asks, looking up towards her mother.

"Honey?" Samuel asks. Alicia gasps and she grabs at the table to steady herself before she crumbles.

"MOM!" Adam and Mia yell in unison before they rush over to her.

Before Mia knew it, it was thirty minutes later and Mia was standing in the emergency room in front of a doctor at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital where she worked part time as a nurse while doing her schooling. She explains to the doctor what her mother's symptoms were. The doctors and nurses began working on Alicia while Samuel, Adam and Mia stood off to the side worriedly. Mia hugs Adam who stares over towards his mother.

It was a medical mystery. Alicia started having more problems whenever the doctors tried to stop something to get her stable. About another hour, Alicia was finally assigned an attending doctor to her. Mia, Samuel and Adam are introduced to three doctors who worked under the attending doctor. Mia cast her eyes over Dr. Eric Foreman, Dr. Allison Cameron and finally, Dr. Robert Chase. She knew who they were. They were underlings to Dr. Gregory House of Diagnostic Medicine, a field that Mia was interested in.