Chapter 11: "Cain and Able!"

{Mia's POV}

After two weeks of living with us, Adam was still acting like a brat. Robert and I came home one night to find him having a party where a woman was stripping on the coffee table. That was not a good sight. Robert was furious. Adam was acting like a college frat boy and it was getting annoying. I say goodbye to Michi who was sad that I was going to work with Robert today. Michi whines as I tell Adam to not go anywhere today.

"Whatever." Adam says and I sigh as Robert and I head out to his car.

"I don't know what's gotten into him." I say.

"What was it that your brother wanted to do?" Robert asks.

"With his life?" I ask as I get into the car.

"Yeah, you decided to become a doctor. What did he want to do?" Robert asks.

"He's never had any idea what he wants to do with his life." I say.

"Well, maybe we need to help him figure out that passion." Robert says.

"Alright, how do we get him to do that? He seems happy partying with his new friends." I say.

"I think we get Cuddy's permission to show him the hospital. Stage an intervention?" Robert says.

"I doubt he'll want to be a doctor. He's always thought my dream was dumb." I say.

"Because he's in your shadow." Robert says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You are brilliant, beautiful and you obviously left an academic mark on your high school and middle school. You are a couple years older than him." Robert says. My cheeks turn red. Robert continues to drive and I look at him.

"Did he say something?" I ask.

"Well, remember when you went shopping and I was cleaning up after his recent party?" Robert asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"I asked him what was wrong with him. I kinda yelled at him." Robert says.

"Huh?" I say.

{A few days ago-Robert's POV}

"I just don't understand you. You come here and make an agreement with your sister that you won't be a brat and you continue causing us trouble." I say.

"Like she really cares." Adam says.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"I'm only here because mom and dad needed to dump me on someone." Adam says.

"I get you are angry because your grandmother is dying, but you don't need to take it out on your sister." I say.

"What good will it do to be angry? My grandmother is still dying. Maria is here studying to be a doctor, being the perfect little daughter as usual while I'm stuck at home with my parents where every little thing I do they criticize me. Why can't you be more like Mia? You should go to college and be smart like Mia. I am my own damn person." Adam says and I look at him.

"Are you angry at your sister or are you just taking your frustrations out on her?" I ask.

"For once I just wish someone would ask me what the hell I want." Adam says.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I want to be left the hell alone." Adam says and I sigh as Adam heads to my extra room where he was sleeping. It was originally going to be Mia's room but she ended up sleeping in my room. He slams the door shut and I sit down on the couch and rub my forehead.