Chapter 2: "Fidelity!"

{Normal POV}

A few months pass and Robert laughs as he sits across the table from Mia. She wore a light blue casual dress that was almost fancy with black high heels. Her brown hair was tied up into a bun. Robert wore the outfit he'd worn to work. This was the seventh dinner date in the four months since her mother was treated. They'd have casual breakfast or lunch dates when she wasn't in class or studying.

They wrap up dinner and Robert places his hand on Mia's lower back as they walked out of the restaurant. Regardless of how many dates they had, they still hadn't classified what it was between the two of them. He gives her his jacket to make sure she wasn't cold in the strapless casual dress she wore. They stop by the passenger side of his car that he'd driven her to the restaurant in.

"It's beautiful out tonight." She says, "I kinda don't want to go home."

"Well, who says you have to?" He asks.

"Doctor, are you asking me to come home with you?" She asks.

"No, well, if I am, it's totally up to you. I don't want to rush you into anything." He says as the two leaned against the passenger side of his car.

"Would you like me to?" She asks.

"I don't know, would you want to?" He asks.

"I think we are far past the conversation of going home together being on the fifteenth date." She says.

"It's seven dinner dates." He says.

"If you count the three breakfast dates and the five lunch dates, it's fifteen." She says.

"Miss Technical." He says and she giggles.

"Rushing it would have been our third date." She says and looks at him.

"Our third date was breakfast." He says as he looks at her.

"That's my point." She says as she looks at him. He slowly leans towards her. She closes her eyes as he gently kisses her. For their first kiss, it wasn't so bad. They head back to his place and watch a movie before falling asleep. That was all that happened.

In the morning, Robert got up in the morning and made himself and Mia some breakfast. She walked into the kitchen wearing one of his shirts over her bra and panties. She was half asleep as she walks over to his coffee pot and makes herself a glass.

"I've got to work; do you want a ride over to your dorm?" Robert asks as he hugs her from behind as she stirred her coffee creamer into the coffee.

"Only if I can have your shirt. It's very comfy." She says and looks up at him. He smiles as he gently kisses her.

"You can return it to me dry cleaned." He says.

"That takes all the fun out of it then." She says, "I don't have class until noon today, you can drop me off and I can take a nap."

"You slept pretty well last night." He says.

"Yeah, but I remember falling asleep on the couch." She says.

"I carried you into my room. I thought you should be more comfortable." He says, "You were already in one of my shirts so I just fell asleep holding you."

"Best sleep I've had in months." She says and takes a sip of coffee before pulling away and walking to his room.

"Where will you stay after you graduate in May?" He asks.

"Well, my parents are like an hour away." She says as she grabs her dress and folds it up.

"But if you take up being a nurse at Princeton?" He asks.