Chapter 4: "Cursed!"

{Mia's POV}

It'd been another few weeks. I roll over and look at Robert. I get up and head into the bathroom and brush my teeth before I crawl back into bed. He hugs me tightly once again.

"Don't get up again. So comfy." Robert says.

"Sorry, I was worried about having morning breath." I say. He kisses me with his eyes still closed.

"I would have kissed you without your teeth brushed." He says.

"That's embarrassing to me." I say.

"You look beautiful as usual this morning." He says and I blush deeply, "So what time is class today?"

"Well, about that. Today is observation at a hospital. I um, put in to observe Diagnostic Medicine." I say and he opens his eyes and looks at me, "Was that bad? I thought that because it was so interesting that maybe I could see what it's like."

"House is most likely going to make jokes." He says as he lays back.

"Dr. Cuddy got back to me last night. I was going to tell you last night, but then we had dinner then watched a movie and didn't want to really bring it up." I whisper.

"And? What did she say?" He asks.

"Uh, well, House said yes. I assume because like you said. He's going to make jokes." I say.

"Yeah." He says. His pager goes off at the same time her phone rings.

"House." He says.

"Dr. Cuddy." I say.

"It's a good thing you brought an extra pair of clothes." He says as we both get up.

{Normal POV}

Later, they arrive at the hospital and while Chase heads to House's office, she heads to see Dr. Cuddy. Dr. Cuddy brings her into House's office.

"Dr. House, this is Maria Greyson. She'll be observing this case. Her teacher is giving her as long as she needs to learn all she can from you all." Dr. Cuddy says.

"Ah, the sexy nurse." House says.

"Don't call her that." Dr. Cuddy says and Mia looks over at Chase who smiles.

"He calls me that?" Mia whispers.

"Yes." Chase whispers back as Cuddy leaves.

"As I was saying, what kind of sickness causes this rash?" House asks and the group lists off a few. Chase and Mia say one in unison and Chase looks at her as it was surprising that they thought the same thing.

"Which normally means industrial ventilation in convention centers. He's twelve years old." Cameron says. House says a smart-ass remark as he points at the chair beside Chase. Mia sits down beside Chase as they continue thinking.

"Next?" House says.

"Fungal?" Cameron asks. Foreman suggests a sexually transmitted one.

"Twelve-year olds don't have sex." Cameron says.

"Their mistake." House says and Mia blinks confused, "That's it? Other possibilities?" Chase and Mia sat thinking.

"The cute doctor-nurse couple?" House asks and Mia looks at Chase.

"What if we are thinking about it backwards?" Chase suggests.

"You speak his language better." House says.

"Well, maybe the rash might have causes the pneumonia?" Mia suggests.

"Perhaps a tick bite? They are out now and they are blood thirsty little bastards." Chase says.