[𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚 2]

"It's good to get some practice in. Plus, if this is some weird universe or something, we could always just kill us and take their place."

Jess laughed a bit.

"I saw it in a show once." She shrugged with a grin as Seth got to his feet.

He winced in pain, but his wounds quickly healed.

"Well, I healed, so I doubt it; probably just further out in the woods, plus I can still feel the boss lady's energy."

'Crunch'

"Ow shit, can somebody help me? I'm lost."

A helpless voice cried out in a sweet southern tone through the trees. The helpless victim act wasn't her style, but whatever split that group up, she couldn't take four.

That's what she smelled: one, two, three, four. She didn't dare risk being seen.

"She's all yours; Southern isn't my type of sugar."

Seth glanced over at Noah before looking at Jess.

"Where are you headed?"

"Up."

Jess began to climb a tree. She was the risky sort and liked being able to watch from above.

"Figured, don't lose your footing now."

"Aw, what? worried about me, playboy?"

"Never."

"Sure, I won't tell them what you whispered when I landed on you then."

Jess laughed once more before heading in the direction east through the treetops. The playboy immediately went beet red.

"Hush."

He hissed to his remaining coworkers as he pranced off towards the west.

♡♡♡

"Help me."

Sadie called out. She hated feeling so helpless, but it was only an act.

She sat casually with her legs off to the side, as if she fell that way, as if her ankle was twisted.

Right now she was Mercedes, a weak little girl again who needed the help of others to get by.
She had grown used to hearing her full name from the others instead of one of her many nicknames, but it still reminded her of so much she hasn't bothered addressing.

The sound of footsteps interrupted her thoughts as fake tears brimmed her eyes.

♡♡♡

Brian just wanted to relax, beer in hand, as he sat on the porch.

He avoided Toby when he had alcohol out of respect.

He leaned back in his chair as he took a sip, currently free of responsibility.

"No, go ahead, Brian. You don't need to patrol. We've got this."