[CHAPTER ONE] ADMISSION

Spork was walking down a long dark hallway, the air felt thick as she reached the metal door. She knew that would have been the scariest job interview she ever had; passing would mean getting a new job and and pay that's above average, but failing on the other hand would take away all of that from her.

When Spork went through, she saw a white table: a masked person was sat on the other side. "Here goes nothing" she tough and took a seat, after that she looked into this man's eyes even though she wasn't even sure if she could entirely see them. "Hello" the mystery man greeted, "Um, hi" Spork said back

"How do you feel?" "Let's just say...I've never been this anxious in my life!"

The man paused for a second, "That is nothing new, but I assure you there's no need to worry" he explained, but that only made Spork more confused.

"Now tell me, what have you studied and is this the first time you have been applying for a job?"
The girl started to talk about how she hasn't been able to keep a job for years; she was very smart and has a technical degree, but for some reason she keeps getting fired.

"...I don't know how it happens, maybe it's my personality or me dismissing orders. It's just that-" she stopped, fearing that the sudden rant about her previous bosses would have angered her possibly new one.

"Don't worry, as long as you behave well you can stay here. Afterall, it's not like I'm going to fire you for no reason" said the man smugly. Spork let out a sigh of relief, but couldn't shake off how it seemed like he emphasized the word stay.

"Uh, what do you mean by that?" "What?"

"Like, am I going to actually live here?" the blonde asked. "Of course. Don't you know this administration is highly secretive?"

She didn't knew...

He told her that it was necessary for the safety of their business, it sounded cool to her but that did leave an open question: what do they exactly do here?

The interview continued, it did feel uncomfortable but thank goodness Spork was admitted.
"Congratulations, you've passed! You can now work for the ZELZ organization" the man said
-but I shall call him Zelnus from now on-.

He gave her a map of the whole place and instructed her to go to her own dorm.

[Hello! Thanks for reading this chapter. By the way, the next chapters will be longer, this one is just an introductory one]