[CHAPTER TWO] ROOMIES

In the last chapter: "Congratulations, you've passed! You can now work for the ZELZ organization" the man said
-but I shall call him Zelnus from now on-.

He gave her a map of the whole place and instructed her to go to her own dorm.

...

"Wow, this place is huge!" Spork said as she went on to find the dormitories, she saw mediators here and there who'd stare at her each step she took as soon as she came into vicinity, probably thinking "Oh, it's a new one". They could easily tell as she didn't wear the uniform yet.

The girl continued either way, until she had found what she needed: a wooden door with the number 708 carved on it, there could be seen the signs that a nameplate had been taken off.
As she stepped inside she noticed that it looked pretty ordinary on the inside, furniture included a bed, a chair and a desk with a computer. On the last one there was a piece of paper which read:

"Welcome to the Zelz HQ, dear mediator. This is your dorm, do whatever you'd like of it, as long as it conforms into the rules. For that, look for the big blue book on the shelf.

- We hope you enjoy your new life, signed Zelnus and Hannah"

There was a shelf over her bed, and as written there was a book laying on it. Spork picked it up, it was entitled "Rules and informations about Zelz". "I think I'll give it a read, I do want to know what the rules are in this place in the end" the blonde girl tough so she sat on her bed and stated to flip the pages.

There were a lot of rules to follow in this HQ to be frank, and any form of mistake may lead to... consequences.

Suddenly, a knock on the door was heard. Spork took her focus away from the book and came to open; two other staff members were standing there, they were totally unknown to her.

"Hello!" said one of them "You must be the new mediator that was admitted today" the other continued

"Yeah, are you here to welcome me?"

"Absolutely! My name is Bobi, nice to meet ya" he remarked as he shook her hand

"And I'm Jessica"

Spork's first impression of these two particular employees were of two overly friendly individuals, but she does need to make friends in this facility she now lives in.

She opened her mouth only to be interrupted by Jessica "So, we are your roommates, not really but I'm from dorm 709 and he's from dorm 707"

"Wait guys, I'll go change and then we can talk"

Spork went back in to take a quick shower and wear her new uniform before her friends came inside to hang out.

"How does the job seem so far?" Bobi questioned

"I've just arrived but it's safe to assume that it does sound very interesting" she admitted "Even though, in a deep corner of my mind I do feel a bit uneasy... For example, why did the trial master ask me if I was sensible to gore?"

"Because this work environment can be dangerous, and incidents may happen!" Jessica reassured her

"Then, why does the book say to not interact with outsiders or tell them about our job?"

"Because the things we do here are very, very important and not everyone has to know about it"
answered Bobi with a slightly nervous smile

"Yeah I know, but does that include friends and family members?" That question made everyone quiet, the two other mediators looked at each other than said

"You see..." "Yes! But don't be mad... it's boss's decision not ours"
Spork just nodded, if she wasn't suspicious then she surely is now.

"Okay. Uh, how long have you been working here?" she asked

"Hmm, for quite a while. We don't remember exactly" Jessica answered

"Probably a year or more" added Bobi.

The three kept talking until someone approached them and knocked on the door, Spork went to open

"Excuse me, you should be the new employee, right?" it was another mediator, the bullet belt he wore made him look distinctive

"Yes I am, Sprok" "Nice to meet you, call me Eye".

The two shook hands before Eye could speak again

"Trial master called, he's sending you and some others to do some stuff"

"What exactly?" She asked curiously.

The other two mediator got up and walked up to Spork

"Whoa, getting a job already?!" exclaimed Bobi with a smile

"Yeah" the blonde shrugged

Jessica gave her a pat on the shoulder and said "Well, good luck Spork!"

Eye snapped his fingers to redirect her attention back to him "Alright, follow me"

[Thank you for reading this chapter! Also, may seem random but this book will contain many headcanons, I'm not a mediator myself but I'll still try to make things accurate ;) ]