22: The Secret, Revealed; Pt. 1

Herobrine's P.O.V.

Hey Steve! I'm about to start recording!

Steve: Coming! Just let me grab the snacks!

Alright! Just hurry up!

Steve: *runs up the stairs with a bunch of food* Alright! I made it!

Good, let's get this over with..

Steve: So you're going to tell them exactly what you told me right?

*blushes* I guess..

Steve: Good, now let's do this! *shoves some cake into his mouth*

Alright... Let's get this started...

My heart was pounding. I really didn't want to tell him. But if I didn't, he might want to stay, and if he stayed I would have to either risk getting caught.. Or leave without him... And either way I wouldn't be happy... Especially if it came to that last option.

I took a deep breath, "L-look, I'm gonna tell you something I could never tell anyone before, but before I do.. Promise me something."

He nodded his head. "Herobrine whatever it is I swear I'll understand." He said softly. I nodded, "Alright just promise you won't hate me.."

I took another shaky breath before continuing. I silently pleaded that what he said was true, that he would understand me no matter what.

"Alright, so you know when you found me in this cave.. All that time ago.. Um, you know how I didn't really have anything?"

He nodded. "Well, that's because I never learned anything when I was little.."

"Um.. Herobrine.. I kinda figured that out already.." He said. I sighed. "That's not entirely true," I said, "I actually learned one thing... Combat.. And, I used that skill for some things I'm not proud of.."

"H-herobrine.. What do you mean?" he asked a little worriedly. I could feel tears starting to form around my eyes. "He's scared.. He'll hate you if you tell him. Just make something up. You can't lose him."

"Well, I Um.." Despite what I thought, I knew that I had to tell him the truth, so I did.

"Look, I'm just gonna tell you... No sugarcoating.. And if you hate me.. Fine, just leave this cave and go back to your house.. I promise I won't follow you." I said. He looked like he was about to start crying too. I couldn't stand to see him like this.. But I had to.

"I used to kill people, there I said it. And I was about to kill you too, but you were different. You helped me. You cared for me even though you didn't know me. You actually love me. To a person who has been left and rejected their entire life that means everything."

I paused. He sat there by the entrance of the cave, clearly terrified... But at the same time he looked.., sorry? I couldn't tell.

"H-herobrine? Did you really- i-Is that true?" He asked. I nodded.

" Look, before you leave.. I just want to tell you that I love you, okay? I don't care if you don't feel the same way, but I will always love you... And if you ever need anything please, please find me somehow. I swear I'll help you with anything you need." I said. I could feel the tears coming down my face. I didn't want him to go. I hoped that he wouldn't leave...

Unfortunately, that's not what happened.