13. Mining

Herobrine's P.O.V.

Hey Steve! I'm back!

Steve: Hi Herobrine! Did you find anything interesting while you were mining?

Not really, just some coal and junk.

Steve: Oh, okay. So, do you want to write another chapter now?

Yeah, why not? I don't really have anything else to do.

Steve: Okay! Do you mind if I watch you write?

Naw, I don't mind.

Steve: Yay! Thanks Herobrine!

Your welcome Steve. Now, let me start!

             So, we were dancing in the living room to that song, What was I called?

Steve: I think it's called Vanilla Twilight.

            Oh yeah, thanks Steve. So yeah, we were still dancing when Steve asked me to go mining with him. "So Herobrine, do you want to do some mining today?" He asked. "Um..." I said. "Great!" I thought to myself, "I don't know how to mine, or do anything else for that matter, he'll think I'm a total noob."

             "Herobrine?" He asked. "Oh, well... Can't we just... Um.... Stay home today?" I said, hoping we wouldn't have to go mining. "But, Herobrine, I haven't been mining since you came. And I'm running low on supplies. But, if you want to stay home today, I guess you can.." He said, sounding disappointed.

            "He really wants me to go." I thought, "And I really don't want to disappoint him... Maybe I should go. Or at least try." "Alright I'll go." I told him. "Really?" He asked, his face brightening. "Yeah, I mean, what would I do at home all day?" I said. "Yay! I'll get the pickaxes!" He said as he raced to his room. I heard the some of a chest opening and then more footsteps.

              "Okay, I got some picks and some armor!" He said as he handed me an iron pick and chestplate. "O-okay." I said, I had no idea how to use armor at the time. "Great! Now put on your chestplate and then we'll go down to the mine." "Yeah, okay." I said as I slowly put the chestplate on." "Alright! Let's go!" He said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door.

              "Woah! This place is huge!" I said when we got to the entrance of the mine. It was a large room with furnaces lining the walls, and chest full of stone and coal.

               "Hey! I thought you said you didn't have any resources left!" I said as I looked into a chest filled with coal. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Well, this chest is full of that black rock thing." I said pointing at the chest. "You mean coal? Well yeah, the mines are filled with that stuff. What we really need is iron and diamonds." He said, "Now hurry up! Let's go!"

              I followed him to a minecart track towards the back of the building. Steve jumped into a minecart and patted the empty space behind him, as if he wanted me to get in. "Wait? We have to ride in that?" I asked. "Well, if we don't we'll be to tired to actually mine once we get to the bottom of the cave!" He said, "Now, get in!"

              "O-okay.." I said uncertainty as I got in the minecart. Steve pushed a button and the minecart started to move. "Are you sure this is safe?" I asked.

"Yeah! I used to go down here everyday!" He told me as the minecart made a steep drop. "Hold on!" He yelled. "Ahhh!!!!" I screamed and wrapped my arms around him. "Wheee!!" He yelled as I hung on to him. "When does it stop?!" I asked frantically. "What?" He yelled as the minecart came to a sudden stop.

               "Woah!" I yelled as the minecart stopped, "Is it o-over?" I stuttered. "Yeah I'm pretty sure that was it. Now, Herobrine, do you mind letting go of me? I can't move." "Oh, yeah sure." I said as I let go of him. "Good, now, let's go!" He said as he ran towards a mineshaft. "Hey! Wait for me!" I yelled as I got out of the minecart and ran after him.

                "Okay, take this pickaxe and start mining out this iron deposit." He said once I caught up to him. "W-well, about that..." I started to say. "Shh! Did you hear that?" He asked. "What?!" I asked alarmed. "Just listen!" We stood in silence for a few seconds, that's when we heard the sound of tons of spiders.

               "I think it's a dungeon!" He shouted excitedly as he started to mine towards the noise. I stood there in confusion, "Why are you mining towards the noise?! Are you insane!?" "What?" He asked, looking up, "It's just a dungeon, we could get some good stuff from down there!" "Okay then, if you say so.." I said as I started to follow him.

              "I think it's just behind this wall!" He said after about 10 minutes of mining. "Are you sure we should do this?" I asked. "Yeah! Let's go!" He yelled happily as he broke the last piece of stone. That's when we saw a dungeon, filled with caved spiders.

             "I call dibs on the big chest!" He said as he ran into the dungeon. "Steve wait!" I called after him, but it was too late, a spider got to him. He was a few inches from the chest when he fell to the ground in pain. "Agh!" He yelled. "Steve no!" I yelled as I ran into the dungeon. I didn't care how many spiders were there, the only thing I cared about was Steve.

       I need to save him.