3|| The Wedding Preparations

Mishka POV:

I always dreamt of getting married since I started reading all those swoon worthy books

I always dreamt of getting married since I started reading all those swoon worthy books. Even though I was never loved by my Step-mother, I was somewhere always cherished by my father. 

He was the one who used to teach me how to read & write. He always told me that how beautiful and brave my mother was and hence he wanted me to be just like her, so he also taught me the battle strategies and how to use sword against the enemies. 

Now when I look back I don't feel like pitying myself since I had what many didn't, Love of a father! And I'm sure he'll still love just the same even after I get married to the Prince of Aryagarh, Rajkumar Rajvardhan Rathore. 

I was quiet surprised when I recieved the message that Maharaja Jaysingh has proposed to marry his eldest son with me. I was still not sure until Baapusa came to me the other night and asked me whether I was happy with the news or not. 

"Mishi, beta hum jante hai apse bina puche humne Jaysingh ko haan to keh diya hai bina apki raye jaane, Parantu humare paas aur koi upaye nahi tha apko surakshit rakhne ka." 

"Mishi, my sweet daughter, I know that I accepted Jaysingh's proposal without even asking your opinion. But I had no other choice to protect you from everything." Suryadev exclaimed with a slight tremor in his voice. 

"Baapu sa, hum apne raksha khud kar sakte hai kyunki apne hume itna kaabil jo banaya hai. Parantu yeh na sochiyega ke hume apka yeh faisla manzoor nahi. Aapne yadi haan kaha hai to kuch soch samjhke hi kaha hoga, bhala apse zyada humari chinta kisi aur ko thodi ho sakti hai."

"Baapu sa, you have made me that capable that I can protect myself. But do not think that I'm at all against your decision, since nobody can understand me better than you" 

I'm happy that Maharaja Jaysingh is friend of my father which somewhere assures me that I'll get settled down smoothly. I hope my mother-in-law would atleast show a bit love towards me rather than my Step-mother. 

"Princess, Raani Sa is calling you for the Haldi Ceremony" One of the attendees announced. 

Well I guess its finally coming true that in 2 days I'll be a married woman with new kind of responsibililtes. From what I've heard from Suman, Prince has 3 younger brothers and soon I'll be their Bhabisa. This makes me excited and nervous at the same time, thinking about what's awaiting for me sometimes gives goosebumps. 

"Mishi, come fast before Raani Sa start with her temper again and ruin the good mood. It's finally your haldi, I can't believe I'll not be the only one important in your life anymore." Suman teased me with a smile. 

Suman, she was my Daee Maa's (Nanny) daughter who grew up with me and we never realised when we became sisters from bestfriends. Even if she's my personal maid but I can do anything for her happiness just like she would do anything for me.