16|| The Heirloom

Mishka's POV:

Since I woke up I was feeling uneasy for some reason, so I decided to explore Hukum's library after the sword practice with Devarji. From the collection of the books in Hukum's library I concluded one thing, that he's not only interested in preserving our history but also very much interested in other cultures as well. 

His personal library seemed huge than the royal library in Himgargh. For centuries these libraries have played a crucial role in preserving and spreading literature, scriptures, scientific treatises, and cultural heritage. While specific details varied across different regions and periods.

Overall, Royal libraries were not only repositories of knowledge but also symbols of royal patronage, cultural flourishing, and intellectual advancement

Overall, Royal libraries were not only repositories of knowledge but also symbols of royal patronage, cultural flourishing, and intellectual advancement. They played a crucial role in shaping the intellectual landscape of our ancestors, leaving a lasting legacy that continues to inspire scholars and enthusiasts to follow and practice it. 

There were books in Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu and even English. I stopped at the English literature section which contained fewer choices than the other languages but my fingers landed on one specific book, "Pride & Prejudice". 

I pulled the book out from the shelf and took it towards the swing to lay down and read. Funny part is my father insisted me to learn english in secrecy since my step-brothers were never good with any other foreign languages. He was friends with one of the English man who used to teach me how to read and write in his language. 

I could always find the difference between Himgargh and Aryagarh, my Sasural (In Law's House) was more of molded into modernization. Here we had telephones to talk over and ofcourse the four wheeled automatic running machine commonly known as Cars. 

"Rani Sa, apko Maharani ji apne kaksh main bula rahin hai."

"Rani Sa, Queen is calling you to her chamber!" one of the maids announced. I dropped the book on the swing before adjusting my duppatta and saree. 

I've never been called by Maa ji to her chamber since I've arrived and this sudden call was making me nervous or maybe scared that she might be angry over something she wouldn't have liked because of me. This is me, always worried about being scolded by people around me or making them disappointed in me. 

I practically rushed towards her chamber and when the attendee annouced my presence Maa ji's voice echoed in the chamber. "Come Mishi, I wanted to talk something important with you." 

"Ji Maa ji" I said before sitting on the sofa chair infront of her. 

"Humare Yuvraj iss pure Aryagarh ki ladkiyon ke chahite hain. Humne to yeh bhi suna hai ke kuch to unse vivah bhi karna chahti hain." 

"My youngest son Yuvraj is famous amongst the women of Aryagarh. I have also heard that some of them even want to marry him." She said with a laugh making me chuckle along.