19|| The Afghani Sultan

Rajvardhan POV: 

The ride to Jodhpur started a bit awkward but the more we talked about the places we were passing through, I started to enjoy the ride a bit more for my usual self would ever enjoy. 

As I gazed upon her profile when she was eagerly looking outside, I felt as if I got struck by the exquisite symmetry of her features, a proof to the artistary of the divine power. The gentle slope of her nose, shaped with precision, lead my eyes to the soft curve of her cheek, where the faintest blush of color lingers like the blush of dawn upon the skyline. 

From just the side profile of hers, I could see the essence of femininity embodied, a delicate balance of strength and vulnerability, passion and grace. It was a portrait of beauty that transcends time and space, leaving me breathless in its wake. 

When I said that she would enjoy her stay she immediately left the curtain and started to drag her duppatta down her face to cover it, which was kind of cute. And the most important realisation for me was that I was finding things about her as 'cute', can you believe it, me finding her as cute is the most underrated aspect of my life. 

But trust me the moment she turned towards me I was knew I was gone, dead by her looks. Her eyes totally captivated me, they had my undivided attention. Pools of liquid darkness that held the depths of the universe within the depths of her eyes. And whenever she looks at me, it feels like her gaze pierces through the layers of my soul, leaving me bare and vulnerable before her.

And let me just take moment to grasp the moment when my gaze stopped right on those rose petal kissed lips of hers. Her eyes are the most expressive part of her face but at the same time her lips are the most seductive part of her gorgeous face. Whenever she speaks, her each word is accompanied by a subtle quirk of her lips, a playful dance that captivates my heart and leaves me longing for more. 

Longing to touch them with my fingers and feel the softness of her petal like lips. I want to feel those lips over mine, along with the softness I wanna know whether they taste sweet as well or not. 

"Kanwarsa apse milne Diwan Saheb aye hai." 

"Prince, Diwan Saheb has come to meet you." the royal guard announced, breaking my thoughts and realising that I really need to focus on work for which I had to travel in the first place. 

"Ayiye ayiye Diwan Saheb, apka hi intezaar kar rahe the hum. Baithiye, aur batayiye aisa to kya ho gaya ke hume khatt bhejke turant hi bula liya apne?" 

"Come come Diwan Saheb, I was just waiting for you. Have a seat and tell me what exactly happened that you had to send the letter and call me as soon as possible?" I asked. I was quite surprised when father recieved a letter from him stating that I was urgently needed in Jodhpur, and nothing else was mentioned which made us even more alert. Usually he calls but the letter and all was a bit weird and alarming too. 

"The day I sent you the letter I was being held by the Afghani Sultan and the moment I was allowed to let go, the first thing that I did was send you a message and call you here since I was being watched and couldn't call instead." he explained. 

"Afghani Sultan? Are you telling me that an outsider is creating problems in our kingdom and this is happening since when?" I asked in a a bit louder voice since this was a matter of safety and maybe a war in future. 

"Aariz Sheikh Durrani, he's the youngest ruler of Durrani Empire after the death of his eldest brother Ahmad Durrani. From what I have collected information from our sources, he's on a blood siege. Creating allies and a revenge operation towards those who were involved in secretive and well planned murder of his elder brother." Diwan saheb explained, making it more clear for me to think about the strategy. 

"Kya chahte hai yeh Afghani Sultan humse? Humari dosti ya humse dushmani?" 

"What does this Afghani Sultan want from us? Our friendship or does he wants to be enemies with us?" I asked directly because I didn't want to extend this thing any longer than it had already been extended. And with Mishka here in Jodhpur with an outsider and possible threat roaming around I don't want to be blindsided. 

"Kanwarsa yeh to unhone hume nahi bataya, parantu woh apse milna zarur chahte hai. Mera maniye to ek mulakat karke masla kya hai jaan lena hi behtar hoga."

"That's what he didn't let me know,rather than that he wanted to meet you in person. If you take my advice then I would suggest a one to one meeting to know the situtation better rather than entering into field full of traps." Diwan Saheb suggested and I agreed with his decision. 

"Alright then, send a messanger to fix our meeting tomorrow and call him here in Mehrangarh fort. And ask all the guards to be on high alert and keep you future queen safe at any cost." I ordered before writing the formal invitation for the Sultan and giving it to Diwan Saheb to deliver it with our most trusted messenger. 

The moment he went after our discussion I moved around my huge table to make a call to Aryagarh. I needed to inform my brothers to stay alert for every ossible danger and send few of the guards undercover to the markets to know whats in the wind. 

"Yuvraj, call Aditya and Vijay as well I need to discuss something with all of you!" I asked my youngest brother and waited till all of them were there and Aditya was the one on call with me. 

"Ji Bhaiya, kahiye kya aadesh hai humare liye!" 

"Yes Bhaiya, please let me know what our roles are gonna  be!" Aditya being the most calm person asked me and I'm damn sure Yuvraj must be feeling murderous for no particular reason since he's born impatient. 

"I want you to take care of the administration as usual, and send Yuvraj with some of the soldiers to Jodhpur as early as possible and ask Vijay to handle the infomation situation." I further discussed certain more points and we planned our strategy very well for tomorrow. 

*knock* *knock* suddenly I heard the knock and asked whoever it was to enter and as I turned around after finishing my call I saw Daai Maa standing with a plate full of food in her hands and walking towards me. 

"Hume pata hai ke aap yahan kaarya karne aye hai beta, parantu yeh mat bhul jajiyega ke aap akele nahi ayen hai apni patni ko bhi saath leke aye hain." 

"I know you've come here for work my son, but don't forget that this time it's not only you it's you wife as well who has come to this beautiful place." Daai maa said with a hint of tease in her tone. 

"Ji Daai Maa, hum bhule nahi hain bas pata hi nahi chala ke kab itni der ho gayi." 

"Yes, Daai Maa, I haven't forgotten her but I didn't realise how long my work took." I said before taking a seat on the sofa. 

"Okay then you may have the food then!" she said before placing the plate right infront of me. 

"What about Mishka? Has she had the dinner yet? If not then I'll eat with her." I asked. 

"Now you want to show all the care towards her? Have your food, she already had dinner and might be sleeping as well. I had to force feed her otherwise she'd have slept hungry while waiting for you to come and eat." She scolded and nudged me a little, I couldn't control myself smiling at the thought of her waiting for me. 

"Okay Okay I promise I'll take care of her." I said before digging in. Tomorrow is gonna be a very crucial day for all of us, hence I need to eat and have a sleep to be all refreshed. 

*********************************************

Heyoo Cutiees❤️❤️😍😍

Hurray!🥳 Another Update!!!

Remember Aariz? If not then go back to the chapters and find who Aariz Sheikh is and let me know how do you feel about giving him a book for himself as well! 

Well for now I hope you'll find this chapter interesting and provide all the love and support!!!

And ofcourse don't forget to vote and leave your comments to let me know howz it going for you guys!!!

FOLLOW, COMMENT AND VOTE⭐⭐⭐