17|| Ride to Jodhpur

Mishka POV:

The moment I entered our chamber and walked towards the library I spotted Hukum, with my book in his hand. I walked closer and since I had removed my anklet bells Hukum didn't realize that I had arrived. Just to alert him of my presence I cleared my throat, and he immediately looked up from the book. 

His Eyes.... those two orbs were the only visible ones on his face since the rest was covered behind the book. His eyes, like the stars in a midnight sky, sparkling with warmth and tenderness, illuminating the darkness with their radiant gaze.

As if they held the promise of a thousand dreams yet to be realized and the assurance of a love that knows no bounds. I've heard stories of his ruthlessness but here right in this moment, I want to believe that Prince Rajvardhan Rathore is also capable of love.

I don't know why but I've always found his eyes as a reflection of his heart, pure and unguarded, beating in rhythm with mine. In them, I find the essence of his being, a testament to the depth of his love and the sincerity of his affection towards his family and kingdom. 

Someday I  want to discover the tender embrace, the truest expression of romance, sewed into the fabric of his soul for eternity. In those depths, I want to see echoes of laughter and traces of longing for me, mingled with a hint of mischief and a touch of vulnerability.

"You're here!" Hukum said before closing the book and holding it in one hand. He stood from his seat and gently walked towards me. 

I immediately dipped my head a little out of respect and asked," How may I help you Hukum?" 

"Hmm, by telling me how many languages can you read and write?" his question surprised me since noboy has ever asked me about my ability to read and write. Was this a test? Was he angry that I can read many languages? Should I tell him a lie that I just took the book out to see the pictures in them? All sorts of thoughts started to race in my head making me scared enough to flinch when he asked me again. 

"I've always loved reading books but also wanted someone to share my thoughts with! I can see that you're good with English literature as well." Hukum said with a hint of smile on his face, making me more confused. 

"I can read Sanskrit, Hindi, English, Urdu. Arabic & Hebrew amongst which I can write the first three languages only." I said without thinking much about the consequences. But the moment I said those words out loud Hukum's eyes turned wide open. I could clearly see surprise on his face. 

"Woah! That's amazing. I- I mean you're so talented I didn't even know." Hukum said with surprise. 

"If you want I won't tell anyone about this. I'm sorry I didn't realise..." I started to blabber out of nowhere. I knew he was not angry with my skills but still the urge to defend myself was still there. 

"Are you out of your mind? You have such a great talent... I'm just surprised that your father never told us about you being such a talented woman." He said and I could feel him being happy about me being such a woman and not the other way round. 

"Baba, doesn't have any idea about me knowing how to read other three foriegn languages, and even if he had known he would have hid it well from all. Since our society would never entertain a woman who's more knowledgeable than her husband." I said he last part quietly not wanting him to listen but still he heard it from he way he answered back. 

"That's why we need to change the rules, in our kingdom every single woman has the right to learn how to read and write. It would be an honour for our kingdom if you could teach our women some of your talents including the sword fighting which you've been practicing every morning with my little brother Aditya." he said in a teasing tone making me blush with embarrasment. 

"I'm always happy to learn more about you my dear wife, but for now I want to ask you to come with me, to Jodhpur!" Hukum said, before gently taking my hand into his and looking straight into my eyes, as if he was seeking for my permission. 

"Jodhpur?" I asked without even thinking since my brain was slowing down from the minute circles he was forming on my wrist with his long warm fingers. Sending little shivers run all over my body. 

"Yes, Jodhpur! Some issue has occured which needs my presence to resolve them. And I would be very delighted if you would come along with me." Hukum said while continuing to torture me with his fingers. 

"Hum Wahan akele kya karenge Hukum?" 

"What will I be doing all alone there, Hukum?" I asked. 

"Well you are the future Queen, and hence I would like you to start taking things of the Jodhpur Palace in your hands and modify the kingdom as you want to." Hukum said with an order. 

"Ky- Kya? Hum kaise badal sakte hai chizen? Maa ji ke aadeshon ko kaise badal sakte hai hum?"

"Wh-What? How can I change things? How can I change Maa ji's orders and regulations?" I asked before subconciously taking a step back and realising my hand from Hukum's hold in the action. 

"Aap chintit kyu ho rahin hain? Humse Maa ne hi kaha hai ke ab dheere dheere apko Mahal ke saare kaam se wakhif kar den taki aap unki jagah ache se sambhal payen, isliye humne socha kyu na Jodhpur se hi shuru karen." 

"Why are you worried? Maa has asked me to slowly make you comfortable with the role of taking over her place, and we start from Jodhpur." He said with a chuckle. 

"You are not making it up right?" I asked still not being able to believe that Maa ji would want me to take over her role so early. 

"Well, why would I make it up? Don't you trust our husband?" he said before narrowing his eyes on me and bending forward to be more closer towards my face. I could feel his warm breath on my skin, making me nervous for no reason. 

"Okay Okay... I will join you to Jodhpur. Please tell me what all things do we need to take I'll ask the maids to pack them all for us." I exclaimed before turning and slowly walking out of the library, creating space between us otherwise I would go crazy. 

"Well you can start with this book, it seems interesting to read. Maybe we can read it together in our liesure time." he teased and I ran out of the room blushing hard. Why does he always have to tease me for those books. I need to be more careful towards him otherwise god only knows what new ways he'll find out to tease me. 

In a few hours everything got packed and ofcourse Hukum kept the book along with few more other books in his case to take with him. I reached out to Maa ji to confirm whether Hukum was telling truth about me taking over the charge of Jodhpur Palace. 

I was relieved but at the same time I was quite nervous as well since I had never been the one to give orders but rather the opposite. Though I was excited as well to spend the next few days exploring the corners of Jodhpur and learn more about their culture and ofcourse getting to know more about Hukum as well.

"Bhabhi Maa, jaldi wapas ayiyega" 

"Bhabhi Maa, return soon" Yuvraj Deverji said before bending down to touch my feet. Soon others joined him as well to bid farewell to me and Hukum. When I first came to Aryagargh I was scared but now when I'm leaving this place even for just few months it seems like I'm going away from my safe place again. 

Taking blessings of Pitaji and Maa ji, Hukum and I both sat in the car to move towards Jodhpur in hope of learning new things and returning with good memories. 

*********************************************

Heyoo Cutiees❤️❤️😍😍

Hurray!🥳 Another Update!!!

Sorry my dear readers for updating after such a long time... but I hope you'll find this chapter interesting and provide all the love and support!!!

And ofcourse don't forget to vote and leave your comments to let me know howz it going for you guys!!!

FOLLOW, COMMENT AND VOTE⭐⭐⭐