20|| Getting Along

Everything was set, the troops were ready for any scenarios that could take place after the arrival of the Afghani Sultan. Prince Rajvardhan had ordered one troop to stay in the residential part of the palace for the safety of women and children along with his dear wife Princess Mishka. 

It seemed like the night before war. A time of profound introspection and preparation, as soldiers and commanders, braced themselves for the trials and tribulations of the battlefield. Prince spent his whole night strategizing since he knew the Sultan wouldn't reject the offer of staying for a few days in Mehrangarh fort. But one thing he forgot was to let his wife know that the court room and administrative chambers should be avoided by her to keep safe.

Princess Mishka was all excited for the Mehrangarh fort tour which Daai Maa has promised her, so early in the morning when she still found the other side of the huge bed empty and cold she disappointingly went to freshen up. Keeping the disappointment aside she got ready for the tour and take hold of the Palace duties of a queen. 

 Among all this someone was planning to harm the new soon to be queen of Aryagarh. Someone was loathing her presence since the day she got married to Prince Rajvardhan. Few of the maids and servants were sent to Mehrangarh fort just to harm Princess Mishka without even letting Daai Maaget the air of it. 

 Mishka POV:

"He didn't come to you last night?" Daai Maa asked the moment she entered my chamber with few attendents carrying a huge box. She waved them to put the box aside before walking towards the dressing table where I was currently sitting. 

I immediately stood up to take her blessings which brought a smile on her face before she blessed me with long life and happy married life. She made me sit down on the chair and took the hair brush from Suman's hand and started to brush my hairs. 

"Raj ne bahut hi sundar bahu layi hai. Maharani aur hum sabse zyada chintit sirf Raj ke vivah ko leke hi the. Kaam itna priye hai use ke bhul jate hain woh ke unka koi intezaar bhi kar raha hoga."

"Raj has brought a very beautiful wife for himself." She said before taking a bit of kohl from her eyes and placing it behind my neck as a sign of keeping any kind of evil eye away from me. "Queen and I were most worried about Raj's wedding. It's his nature of getting so engrossed in his work that he generally forgets about someone waiting for him." she said but I could sense the sorry in her tone as if she was responsible for his absence. 

"He must be busy with work, and I wouldn't be joining him in the first place until Maa ji asked him to take me as well." I blushed a little, I knew Maa ji wanted to give me and Hukum some time to adjust and hence she planned this all of a sudden.

"Bhakhoor dani do"

"Bring Bhakhoor Dani" she ordered the maids who have already put some aromatic material inside the burner. Before marriage I have never used such elegant objects but since being the woman of Aryagarh I think I've been addicted to such fragrances. 

I think I've an addiction especially for this. The aromatic material when ignited using a small flame, such as a match or a candle and as the aromatic substance smoldered, fragrant smoke would rise from the burner, filling the surrounding space with its scent.The moment it's aroma hit my nose I feel as if I've travelled somewhere far where it's peaceful and serene.