12|| Aditya's Warning!

Mishka POV:

"Hum nahi jaante the ke humari bahu rani itni khoobsurat lagengi ek saree main!" 

"I had no idea that my daughter-in-law would look so beautiful in just a saree!" Maa ji exclaimed before taking me into a tight hug. She always had a way of making me feel calm, all the nerves from earlier automatically started to deminish with her one hug. 

When Maa Ji released me from the hug, my eyes fell on Aditya Devar ji who was looking at Vanya. For a passing moment I thought he didn't want to be near her when he came into the chamber earlier to drag her away from Hukum. But the way he was looking at her meant something very different from what I was thinking. 

It was a look of possessiveness, a look that said 'You are mine'... I have just read about those things in the books but never thought that I could see it live. But my biggest question was, who is she? And why was she talking so casually with Hukum? 

Did Hukum like her? Were they lovers or something? My mind was spiraling from all the thoughts and heart was clenching for no reason. I shouldn't feel like that, I shouldn't feel jealous since this was never a marriage done for love in the very beginning. 

"Mishka inse milo, Vanya Chauhan... yeh humari bachpan ki saheli ki natkhat bitiya hai. Bachpan se yahin pali badhi hai kuch varsh pehle hi Mewar wapas lauti thi abhi jaise hi suna ke inke bachpan ke mitra ka vivah ho gaya hai to dekho kaise bhaag ke wapas aa gayi use chedne!" 

Mishka meet Vanya Chauhan.... she's my childhood friend's naughty daughter. She grew up here in Aryagarh and only a few years back she returned to her hometown Mewar, and the moment she got the news about her childhood friend being married she immediately returned back to tease him!" Maa Ji said with a chuckle. 

I didn't realise my body has gone rigid until Maa ji touched my shoulder and looked at me with a worried look. She knew something was wrong but didn't speak out her mind but asked in a very low voice "Are you okay?" 

My eyes immediately watered because of the way she tried to calm me down without even knowing the reason behind me being hesitant! I gave her a nod to reassure her that I was fine and gave a smile to her before taking her hand in mine and walking towards the dinning area.

"Vaanya, that's bhabhi sa's place!" Aditya Devarji said. I was still very confused about what was going on between them when Vaanya replied, "It was my place a few years back... I guess its not mine anymore" She said in such a way that everyone laughed at her words even Hukum smiled at her im-mature answer. 

"It's Okay Vaanya, you can sit there... I'll sit with Maa Ji" I don't know why I said that to her but from the inside I was hurt when Hukum didn't even object my words... though I felt his calculative eyes staring at me but I didn't even try to look in his direction. 

The moment I sat down beside Maa Ji, Aditya devarji came straight towards me and sat on my right hand side. I looked in his direction only to find him staring at Vaanya, who was busy talking to Hukum. 

"Bhabhi Maa, don't feel sad about what just happened I'll try my best to not make this situation a habit." Devarji said before focusing on his food. 

I had already lost my appetite but still ate very little portion to not make people suspicious about me being hurt or maybe jealous of the situtation. 

After dinner I went to the beautiful garden which was now my secret heaven. There was so much going on in my brain that I had to take a walk to calm myself down. Suddenly I heard Hukum laughing from the balcony of our chamber and my heart stopped beating when I saw Vaanya with him standing too close to him. I immediately turned my head since I couldn't watch them together so close. I knew he had married me because of his father's wish but I won't be able to watch him love someone else.