Ch 2

Arpina's POV

I walk in and everyone stares at me. I smile and wave at them. "Everyone we have a new student today this is Arpina." says the teacher who introduces herself as Ms Bustier. I see Mari's eyes meet mine and her eyes widen in recognition. I grin at her. " Wow Mari. I can't believe you don't remember your favorite cousin." She squeals as she runs to me and hugs me tight. "Mari I can't breathe". She smiles and releases me. "How long have you been here." She asks. "I've been here for about a week. I just wanted to surprise you." "Alright you two why don't you sit together at the back." says Ms Bustier gently. We both walk to our seats. Ms Bustier starts the lesson and I follow along and take notes. After class, Mari and I are packing up. Do you want to have lunch together Mari? I ask her? Before she can respond a girl approaches us. She has long brown hair tied in a ponytail that's waist length. Her shorter ponytails two of them hand around her face. She has brown bangs as well. Her eyes are green and she is light skinned wearing a spotted short jumpsuit with brown jacket on top, grey leggings and brown boots. "Hello!" She says in a cheery voice. "My name is Lila. I was wondering if you and I could have lunch together? I saw you drawing in class and I like your art." She laughs. "I am sorry Lila but I can't. I have to catch up with my cousin Mari." I grin at Marinette and notice she frowns but covers it up with a smile. "Are you sure? I know a lot a famous people and I've been traveling I thought you would like to hear about it." She says in a sad tone. "I guess you don't like me." I quickly apologize. " I'm so sorry. I would love to hear about your stories." I notice Marinette has already left. I make a mental note to speak to her soon. I quickly pack up and follow Lila to the cafeteria. I look around and notice that Marinette isn't there. Where is she?