Ch 5

Arpine's P.O.V

 I follow Lila to her seat and sit next to her. "How are you?" She ask me. "I am pretty good. I just wish I could talk to Mari." I say. I pull out my textbook and start on the practice problem. "I thought we were friends" said Lila. "We are" I say confused. " Then why do you insist on hanging out with Marinette instead of your friend?" She asks in a shaky voice. It sounds as if she might cry. " I am sorry. I will hang put with you. Now I heard that you know Jagged stone?" I said, trying to change the subject. He voice goes back to normal instantly.  She perks up and smiles at me. " Oh yes! I saved his lost kitten on a runway before I came here!" I frown but cover it up with a smile quickly. But the thoughts inside my head are running. Jagged stone never had a cat. He is allergic. " Arpine are you listening?" asks Lila. "Huh oh sorry! I was lost in thought for a second." I reply. She gives me a suspicious look before smiling once more. " Oh! I was just saying how Jagged stone wrote a song about me. He did it as a repayment for my tinnitus from the airplane drum!" "Oh okay! I am happy he wrote a song about you!" I say with a slight smile. " Thank you" replies Lila. Suddenly the bell rings for lunch. I quickly pack up my things and follow Mari out before Lila can say another word to me. I quickly catch up to Mari. "Hey Mari. I am sorry for not sitting next to you today." I tell her. "Its okay." she replies. Her voice cracks and then I know something is up but I know better than to push her. I noticed the blond kid named Adrien walk  past us. He smiles at Mari and me. "How are you two?" "H-hi Adrien! I y-you good? I-I mean y-you?" Marinette stutters out her face red with blush. It doesn't take a detective to figure out she has a crush on him. " I am fine." He replies. " See you both in class." He smiles and waves before walking away. " So he is the fine man that stole your heart" I say, teasing Mari. she blushes and grins at me. " Lets head to lunch." I say. I pull her to the cafe and we both sit down and start eating. "Tell me all about Adrien" I say. " He is so handsome and nice and sweet. Adrien Agreste is a great guy." She says dreamily. " Adrian Agreste? As in Gabriel Agreste? You like the fashion designers son?'' I ask smiling. " Yes. I actually want to be a fashion designer. I was able to catch Mr. Agreste's attention with a hat I made last year." " Really? That's so awesome! I am so proud of you!" I tell her giving her a hug. Our good mood is ruined by Lila. " Arpine? Why are you hanging out with her? I told you how mean she is! she says. People turn and glare at Marinette. She shrinks on herself to get smaller. I feel bad for her. " I am sorry Lila. I am coming now." For the rest of the day Mari ignores me as people glare at her more and more. I stay with Lila before heading home. My mom is at work late again. Flairre comes out of my purse. " I heard you talking to Marinette." "Yeah I reply." Something is up though." says Flairre. " I know. Her stories don't add up. I am going to have to talk to Marinette more about Lila." I say. " I agree " says Flairre. I take an hour or so to complete my homework and eat dinner. " Get some rest. You will need it. " says Flairre. After saying goodnight to her, I crawl into bed and fall asleep.