Ch 16

AN: Sorry for the very late update. I have been very busy and hadn't had time to update but here is the story! I promise this story gets better as I add more chapters! 🩷🩷🩷🩷

Arpine's POV
I go to the bathroom and walk to the very last stall. I take a deep breath preparing myself for the worst. I knock on the door three times. "Ladybug" I say. I step back from the door as it unlocks. My heart races as the door swings open to reveal... Chloe? I shake my head in disbelief. "Chloe? What are you doing? Were you the one who wrote the note?" I ask. She nods. "I was on a business trip with daddy and when I got back I heard about Marinette being suspended. I knew she would never destroy something that belongs to someone else especially the project." She locks the bathroom door preventing anyone from getting inside and turns to me. "Why do you want to help Marinette? You hate her!" I say angrily. " I know but hear me out please." She begs. I sigh and hoist myself up on the counter and stare at her and nod. " I actually don't hate Marinette that much anymore. I saw how everyone has been treating her since Lila started lying about her and I realize that she doesn't need another bully in her life. I realized how badly I tried to ruin her life since everyone else is doing it 10x more. Before you came to out class I apologized to her. I was so scared she wasn't going to believe me and she didn't at first. But slowly I gained her trust. I defended her against everyone else, and I brought in small gifts for her such as ribbon and sequins. She finally realized I was telling the truth and she forgave me. Best day of my life. She a dear friend to me now and even ladybug was happy I wa learning to be nicer to others. I can't stand by and watch her life crumb due to the words of a liar. " Her voice cracks at the end and I open my arms for a hug which she accepts."I believe you. As long as you promise not to bully Marinette again, I wouldn't mind being friends with you." I say kindly. "R-really?" I nod. She smiled at me and wipes the tears away. "How is Nette doing? After the whole suspension?" She asks me. "I don't know she hasn't spoken to me yet. Her own parents don't believe her." I say softly. "Chloe pulls away from me."I am so sorry to hear that" she replies. My phone rings and it's Mari. Putting it on speaker I answer. I motion got Chloe to remain silent. She nods."Hey Mari. I'm at the library studying. Are you okay?" I ask hearing sniffles on the other end. Her voice is hoarse like she'd been crying. "My parents are sending me away to a boarding school in London."  "SAY WHAT?!" I yell causing Chloe to jump. I smile apologetically at her. "They are sending me to Celeste's School of Arts. I looked it up and it's very prestigious and has a zero tolerance for bullying. It's said to help girls with disciplinary problems shape up to be young women. It's strict but also fun at the same time. I-i don't want to go there. But they won't listen to me. I leave at the end of the month. I just wanted to tell you. "
"There must be something we can do! " I cry."Don't even bother. My parents mind I'd made up. They won't listen to me or you about the situation. I gotta go I'll talk to you later. " She says as she hangs up. I stare at the phone in shock."We have got to help her! We cannot just let her leave!" Chloe says. My body lurched and I run to a stall and empty the contents of my stomach. Chloe rubs my back and once I am done, she hands me a bottle of water. I swish the water in my mouth then spit it out and suck on a breath mint as Chloe hoists herself on the counter. "Better? " I nod. "This is my fault." I say softly."This isn't your fault" Chloe says, moving to stand next to me. "I should have done more to protect her. I shouldn't have ignored the holes in Lila's stories. My mother is a freaking detective for crying out loud! I should be able to spot liars! I let one ruin my cousins life!" Tears roll down my cheeks as Chloe pulls me into a hug. "I need you to take a deep breath and calm down. The last thing we need is you getting akumatized." I nod starting to calm down. "This isn't your fault. Anyone could have been fooled by her lies. You spotted the holes in her story pretty quickly and that's great. I know you wanted to be friends with her at first which is why you overlooked the holes. From what I've heard from Sabrina, you are a very nice girl and care about your cousin a lot. We with find a way to expose Lila for what she did. I promise." I nod smiling and wiping my tears away. She hugs me again and for the first time I blush at her touch but thankfully my makeup covers it. "You can come to the hotel tomorrow if you want. That way we can work on a plan to expose Lila without her interference." I nod and we exchange numbers before leaving the bathroom. Luckily no one noticed the locked bathroom. I feel a weight has been lifted off my chest. I call Marinette back and she answers. "Don't worry. A plan is going to be made to take down Lila. I got help from a friend."  I tell her." For real?" she says hope showing in her voice."yes." I reply."This motivates me even more now since u was almost akumatized again." she says."Stay strong Mari. Don't let monarch influence you." I say."I promise I won't." She says before thanking me and hanging up. I find a secluded area and talk to Flairre. "Chloe was unexpected but I'm happy she wants to help" sh e says."Me too. Plus her being the Mayor's daughter will allow us to contact celebrities." I smile thinking about her and blush again."Someone has a crush." Flairre teases."Me? No. Well maybe. She wouldn't go for someone like me though. " Why not? Flairre asks."I don't know if she's into women and she prefers someone rich and famous not someone who is of working class. " I say sadly. "Chloe supprised us today didn't she? Maybe she will do it again. Give her a chance."Flairre says before hiding in my purse again as someone walks by. I walk home seeing Lila and Alya glare at me out of the corner of my eye. I ignore them, nothing at this point can ruin my good mood. I get home and greet my mother before she leaves for work. I cook dinner for me and Flairre before doing my homeone. Chloe texts me to meet at the hotel after school tomorrow and that she can't wait to see me again causing me to blush heavily. I text back replying I will be there and that I also can wait to see her. I get into bed and fall asleep with a smile on my face.