Ch 15

Arpine's POV

Its been a few days since Mari's suspension. As I walk to school, I try to call her but no answer. I sigh, not knowing how to help her if she won't open up to me. My phone rings and it's Sabine. "Hello?" "Good Morning Arpine. How are you?" "I'm okay. I am just worried about Marinette." "I know. I don't know what's gotten into her. She isn't the daughter we raised. Anyway, she needs time to process everything as do we." " I understand. Have a good rest of your day." I say as she hangs up. Now I really feel bad for Marinette. Her own parents don't believe her." I can only imagine what she's going through. You have to expose Lila one way or another." Flairre says to me before flying into my purse. I walk into school and sit on a bench. I try to com up with ways to expose Lila but nothing come to mind where she won't turn the tables against me. I hear the bell ring and I walk into class. I growl once I see Lila and Alya sitting together. I cannot believe she ditched her own best friend. I go to sit in the back but Lila's voice stops me. "I don't know why Marinette did this to the project. I had to spend all night redoing my part of the project." He voice quivers pitifully and it takes all my self control not to slap her. "Are you sure it was Marinette? She was with me the whole time. Where is your proof that she did it!" I say through clenched teeth. I am so fed up with this girl. "Arpine! I know Marinette is still feeding you lies but that gives you no right to target Lila." Alya says to me with a glare. "No. don't  attack Arpine. She was just defending her cousin. Of course she hates me. I tried to be her friend but becuase of Marinette she's now attacking me too. " says Lila, voice breaking. Fake breaking." LEAVE LILA ALONE! YOU ARE WORSE THAN MARINETTE HERSELF!" Alya shouts at me. Everywhere I look people are glaring at me as Lila sniffs and tears roll down her cheeks. "You made her even more upset now! Just stop picking on her." says Alya. I stomp to the back ignoring her. Everyone still believes her. I cannot stand her anymore. Since I finished to project, I work on my other homework. Soon the bell rings for lunch. I walk out of there as Alya glares at me. I sit in the cafeteria alone. I hear Lila tell another tall tale about her meeting Prince Ali and I can't stand it anymore. I stand and leave the cafe for fresh air outside. I sit on a bench. Lila comes up to me no doubt coming up with a lie to escape her followers. "I thought we were friends Arpine. But yet you still believe Marinette. I get she's your cousin but people can change." I have heard enough."I will always stand for my cousin. I know this has to be a misunderstanding. For now I need time to think things over." I stand up walking away seeing her smirk. I will prove Marinette's innocence no matter what! Somehow. I groan as the bell rings. I find a note on my desk. "Meet me at the girls bathroom once school is out. I will be at the very last stall. Knock on the door 3 times and say Ladybug. If you want to prove that Marinette is innocent. I would trust me." I read the note and hide it as class starts. I am confused and can't get stop thinking about the note. I pay attention in class and take noted as well as practice. Time flies and the bell rings to signal the end of class. I pack up ignoring Lila and Alya. I walk to the girls bathroom. "Do you want to do this? You don't even know this person." Flairre whispers to me. "I know. But they did say that they want to help prove that Marinette is innocent. What do you think?" "Let's listen to them. I know you can defend yourself if anything happens." Flairre whispers before hiding again. I take a deep breath before walking inside, not expecting who I met in that last stall. That person changed everything.