Ch 4

I walk home thinking about my first day at school. "Why does Mari not like Lila" I think to myself. It doesn't make sense. I finally reach my house and realize that my mom is still at work. "All clear Flairre" I tell her. Flairre flies out of my purse and hovers in the air. "Are you going to talk to Marinette" she asks me. " I would but it doesn't seem like she wants to talk to me Flairre. Maybe I should give her some space for now." Flairre nods. " Are you sure that's best? I mean she seemed so happy to see you. But you did ditch her for Lila." Flairre says. "You are right. I'll talk to her tomorrow and make sure that I have lunch with her." I tell Flairre. "Good thinking." She replies. I quickly start on my homework. Once I finish I make dinner for myself and and give Flairre a hot pepper just as my mom walks in. Flairre quickly hides in my shirt. "Hi mom. How was work?" I ask. "It was pretty great! We worked on a few cases today. How was school? Was Marinette surprised?" she asks me. "She really was! She hugged me and was so happy to see me!" I tell her. "That's good honey." My mom changes into pjs and I do the same and get ready for bed. I wish her a good night before going to sleep. The next day my mother leaves early for work. I get dressed and eat my breakfast. "Don't forget to talk to Mari today." Flairre reminds me. "I will." I tell her. I grab my bag and Flairre hides in my purse. I get to school and take a seat at the back to wait for Marinette. I see Lila approach me again. "Why don't you sit next to me today? Alya and I would like to get to know you better." says Lila. I look over and Alya smiles at me. Suddenly Mari walks in and Alya shoots her a glare causing Mari to flinch. Something was definitely up. She ignores Lila and sits in her seat. "I am sorry Lila but Mari and I already made plans together." Marinette gives me a small smile. "I guess you don't like me very much. It's okay." says Lila sadly. "Alright. I will sit next to you Lila." I say. "Great!" She grins at me. "I promise I will talk to you soon Marinette." I whisper just high enough so that only she can hear. She ignores me and I sigh. I pack up my things and sit next to Lila who grins happily at me.