Ch 9

Arpine's POV

I landed on the Eiffel Tower and see that Ladybug and Chat Noir are already there. I smile nervously now releasing that I am in the presents of two famous superheroes and I have to take a few deep breaths to calm down. "You were amazing out there!" Chat Noir says. "Thank you." I reply. " So. A Phoenix Miraculous huh?" Ladybug says suspiciously. "Yes." I reply. She looks at me and narrows her eyes. "Who gave it to you?" She asks. " No one did. The Miraculous Jewel chose me." I say. " Chose you?" she says. " Yes. The jewel is very rare. It chose me. I had to train for 6 months to control the Phoenix." I reply staring at her. "But how can it choose you? And why didn't I see it in the Miracle book?'' she says. " Story time. When the miraculouses were being forged a mage decided to try an idea. Kwamis are created once a new concept is developed. However this mage deicded to see if a kwami can be created for a different reason. Using a ancient spellbook, he managed to harness pure energy. Thats how my kwami was born. The kwami of the pheonix. Upon seeing her, the mage felt a warmth spread through him which he named hope. Which became her concept. He knew that people would try to use her for evil. Once he created her miraculous jewel, he hid it away and destroyed the ancient spell book used to create her. But he put the jewel in a way that if the chosen one was noticed, the Jewel would automatically bond to said person. That's how I got chosen before I got here. I know you think I am evil, but if I was evil, I would not have saved you from Sapphire." I finish explaining. " Wow. That's incredible. And she has a good point about helping us." Says Chat Noir. I nod to him before turning back to ladybug. "I understand more now. I don't mind you joining us." She says with a smile. I hug both her and Chat noir before flying back to school. I quickly detransform before catching up to Mari. "Are you okay?" I ask her. She nods. Oh my god! Are you okay Alya? it was so scary seeing you akumatized. All because Arpine was taking Marinette's side." I see Lila speaking to Alya who is seething with anger. She storms up to us. "Stop lying to Arpine! I have told you time and time again that Lila is a nice girl and you would never give her a chance!" She says. "Enough! We are still shaken up from the battle. You have no right to disrespect Marinette. You have no idea what she says to me. How could just accuse her of lying!" I growl. " Lila told me that she overhead Marinette lying to you. You shouldn't believe a bully!" says Alya. I remain quiet and confused. I know Marinette isn't a bully but, she did say she never liked Lila and never gave a reason why. I shake my head. "Lets just go inside. We are all still reeling from the battle." I say. "So you take that lying manipulative brat's side over Lila!" says Alya causing me to snap. " Marinette is not a liar. I have known her longer than anyone at this school. She never lies and would never lie. She is the nicest and sweetest girl I've ever known." I get right in Alya's face. You are the lying manipulative brat who hates Marinette for no reason. Marinette has been bullied by Chloe for years and has not once bullied her back. Disrespect Marinette again and watch what happens you spoiled little brat!" I growl out as Mari tugs on my arm pulling me away. I frown at her  before walking to class. I feel pure hot rage flowing through me. I can feel Flairre moving around nervously in my jacket. I try to calm down. I mange to over the course of class but seeing Lila and Alya together makes me pissed off. Class ends and I walk quickly out of class. My phone pings with a text message from Mari asking to meet. I reply with a yes before walking to the bakery, the walk helping to clear my thoughts. I know Lila is a nice girl and Mari has stated she never liked her. But bullying? Marinette would never. I get to the bakery and sigh. I know this will be a long talk but I need the truth.