Ch. 17

Arpine's POV

Mage:

I walk to the hotel

I walk to the hotel. I am nervous but excited. Soon Lila will be exposed hopefully. I can't wait to see the look on her face once she realizes what we did. 'Excited to see Chloe?" Flairre teases causing me to blush. " Maybe. But again I don't know how she feels about women in that sense. Besides, she thinks I am straight. But I am bi. Only Mari knows as well as my mother and you." I say. Flairre nods. "Give her a chance. You may be surprised." She says as I approach the hotel. I nod. Looking over I see Adrien walk up to me. "Hey Arpine." He says. "Hello." I say as friendly as I can remembering what Mari said about Adrien and Lila before. "Listen. I just wanted to say that if you are going to help prove Mari is innocent then I want to help." He looks at me hopefully. "Help? Where were you when Mari was expelled the first time? Wasn't you the person who told her to let Lila lie and look where it got her! She was expelled previously and now she is suspended! Why should I let you help?!" I glare at him. "Look. I thought that if she continues to lie, that she would lie herself into a corner and get caught. I was wrong. I apologized to Mari for what I said, I was the one who made a deal with Lila to get Marinette back into school or I would stop being friends with Lila and she agreed to get Marinette back into school." He says. "Even so, you should not have let Lila lie, but I will think about you helping me." I smile and nod and we part ways. No way I will let Adrien help! I walk inside the hotel and I am amazed at the vastness of the hotel. I grin once I see Chloe walking down the stairs. I hug her and she leads me to her room. Sabrina is sitting on the bed and she also hugs me once I get inside. "Hey Brina how are you?" I ask. "Pretty good!" she replies. "Alright, how is Mari doing?" Chloe and Sabrina ask. "She is more hopeful about the situation." I reply. "That's good. But how will we expose Lila? everything we say she can turn it against us.'' Says Chloe. "I know. I have been trying to come up with a plan to expose her for the longest. But nothing works where the tables wont be turned." I say. We sit in silence. Suddenly we hear bangs and screams. We look out the window to see a girl wearing all black. She uses dark energy to turn people into minions. "MY NAME IS MAGE! YOU SHALL HEAR ME! I WON'T BE DISREPSECTED AGAIN!" She shouts. "Don't worry Ladybug Chat Noir and Phoenix will handle it." Says Sabrina. "I am surprised you aren't talking about Queen Bee Chloe." I say. "I don't need a jewel or powers to be a hero." she says. Suddenly the wall is blasted in and we duck for cover. Sabrina is turned into a minion and runs to follow Mage. "Sabrina!'' Chloe calls. "Its no use. She is a minion now." I say. I see Ladybug and Chat Noir fighting the villain. I watch nervously. I can't transform with Chloe standing there. 'Where's Phoenix? She can help with her shields!" says Chloe. "I know." I reply. I peak in my jacket and Flairre looks at Chloe before looking at me and nodding. I sigh knowing what she wants me to do. I grab Chloe's arm and pull her out of her room and into a different empty one. I head into the bathroom and she follows me. "We need to see the battle-" she starts. " I know. Listen to me. I need you to keep a secret. This isn't a random secret. This secret can hurt many people if it gets out. What I am about to show you, you cannot tell anyone. Got it?" I say. " You have my word." Flairre flies out of my jacket at this. Chloe looks amazed. "Hi! I'm Flairre. Nice to meet you Chloe." Chloe grins. "You are Phoenix!" Yep. Flairre Flame Up!" I cry. I transform into Phoenix and quickly make my bow and arrow. Heading to window I open it and aim for Mage. I get my shot and take it, the arrow flinging her backward. She looks towards me and screams in rage. Ladybug summons her lucky charm which is a can of pepper spray. She uses it on Mage and grabs the bracelet destroying it and freeing the Akuma. She fixes the damage and waves at me before flying off. I detransform and give Flairre a hot pepper. "You are so awesome!" says Chloe. "Thank you." I say. We head back to our original room and Flairre hides again as Sabrina runs in. We hug and comfort her. She calms down and we eat lunch talking about random things.