CH 10

Arpine's POV

Mari what's going on?" I ask her as I walk through the her trap door to her room. " I have heard that  you have been mean to Lila since she's started here. I know you might not get along with everyone meet for example Chloe but that doesn't mean you have to be mean to Lila" I sit on her bed and look at her. "Chloe is nothing compared to Lila. Lila is a liar!" Marinette exclaimed to me sitting down next to me. She clutches one of her pink pillows. I shake my head. "She can't be. She's a nice girl. I don't think she would lie." I say. "You are telling me you haven't noticed that her stories don't make sense. You are the daughter of a detective for crying out loud!" Mari exclaimed. "I think you might be right." I tell her. She looks at me a look of relief on her face. "Really?" She asks. "Yes. She was talking to me a few days ago about how ladybug saved her life and cured her tinnitus. She said she got it from saving Jagged Stone's lost kitten on a runway . But that didn't make sense to me because Jagged Stone can't have a cat because he's allergic. Furthermore, if she did spot a kitten on a runway she would have to get past security to get on the runway, get past everyone working on nearby planes and loading luggage and outrun the plane to get to the kitten. I know for a fact she can't outrun a plane." Marinette looks at me if it's the first time she has seen me. " I feel like I disgraced my family for not realizing it sooner. I have been so nice to her. I overlooked her lies." I frown. " you didn't disgrace your family. In fact I think you inherited your mother's talent of spotting liars." said Marinette with a smile. "Thanks. But there's something bothering me. She keeps saying that you have been bullying her. That you have been really mean to her." I say. "What's that all about?" I ask her. She shifts uncomfortably in her seat. "I know I might be a lot but I won't judge you Mari. You can tell me everything leave no details out." I tell her. She sighs. "It's a long story. But I'm ready to tell you" she says. I nod encouraging her to speak. She takes a deep breath before speaking. "She came here in the middle of the school year." She starts. " I never met her and wanted to meet her. She gave Alya an interview saying she was Ladybug's best friend which I knew wasn't true because ladybug wouldn't put a civilian in danger by doing so. She was all over Adrien making him uncomfortable. I knew that something was off. Adrien had a book full of superheroes like ladybug. Lila stole it so I followed her to get it back. She tried to lie to Adrien saying that she's a descendant of fox superhero but ladybug called her out on it. That's why she doesn't like ladybug. Ever since then she lied about having different disabilities to get people to do things for her. I called her out on it and she-she threatened me. Saying she would take all my friends from me and I would wind up all alone. She got me expelled from school for framing me for cheating on a test, pushing her down the stairs and stealing her necklace the same one she tried to convince Adrien was a miraculous. She got me back into school but turn my friends against me claiming I was bullying her and being mean to her. Alya was my best friend but she believed Lila over me and became Lila's best friend. I tried to point out that Lila was a liar but Alya keeps saying I was jealous because Lila would hang around Adrien. Which isn't true. Alya would always ask me for proof that Lila is lying but would never ask Lila for proof that she is telling the truth." Mari finished. I look at her my mouth open, jaw dropped in shock. I feel anger rise up in me at the story.