Ch 14

Arpine's POV

*Few weeks Later*

The project is coming along great. Its really fun to see Marinette in her element designing. She is still sketching the design since the project isn't due yet. I already finished half of the presentation including my other homework. We work well together. I walk to school Flairre in my jacket. Marinette shows me Gabriel's design she chose.

The design:

" I think I will wear the design the day the project is due

" I think I will wear the design the day the project is due. I really love this one!" she says.  "I like it too. it would look so cute on you." She smiles softly. We walk into school still talking about the design. We sit down at a bench waiting for class to start. I pull out my textbook and start studying. She pulls out her sketchbook and start sketching. A shadow looms over the both of us. I look up and see Lila standing there. She gasps. "Seriously Marinette. I didn't think that you would stoop that low for the project." Her voice rises attracting the attention of Alya who was nearby and a few other classmates. "What did Marinette do to you this time?" Alya asks with a sharp glare at Marinette. "Its not what Marinette did to me. She stole Gabriel's design!" Gasps can be heard. "Marinette how could you!" Alya shrieks. ''Marinette did not steal anyone's design. The project rubric stated that we could create a object that relates to the person we chose. Mari simply chose her favorite design from the Agreste line and decided to recreate it with her own touches." I say calmly, far more calm than I felt. "Oh no. I am so sorry Marinette. I misunderstood the situation. Please don't be mad at me. I only want to help you." Alya comforts her. "Girl, she made a mistake. It was accident. You better not try anything." She says with a warning glance to Mari. "Enough of this." I grab Mari's arm and lead her into the classroom just as the bell rings. We mainly work on the project during class. Marinette finishes the sketch and shows the complete outfit. (Mari will wear the same jewelry in the the design above).

Shoes:

"It looks so cute! Are you sure you will be able to design it in time?" I ask

"It looks so cute! Are you sure you will be able to design it in time?" I ask. " I can. When I first saw it, I tried to recreate it. I already have the shirt and purse done. I can create the skirt and shoes I already have. I actually planned to wear this outfit before but didn't have the time to make it. How is the presentation coming along? " :"Pretty good I have a few slides left. It good that you are head with your outfit. I can't wait to see the final product." Marinette grins at me as the bell rings. We pack up for lunch and walk to the cafeteria, I don't miss Lila's smirk. I know she is up to something. But I don't know what. Marinette goes to the bathroom but comes back and we sit together for lunch. She helps me with the final few slides for the project. I stretch as the bell rings ending the lunch period. We walk back to class but I don't see Lila as we walk in. I get a uneasy feeling in my stomach. Something isn't right. Lila walks in shaken up and crying. Fake crying I might add. "Marinette how could you?" She blubbered. "Oh no Lila what did she do? Marinette can't you leave Lila alone for once! She does nothing to you and you still antagonize her!" Alya and the other students exclaim. Lila sniffles pitifully. "She-she Oh I can't! Its too much!" She whines out. Alya, like usual comforts her. She shoots a nasty glare to Marinette just like the other kids do. "I tried to help her with the project. I wanted to give her some information about Gabriel Agreste since I work for him but she started screaming at me. She called me a liar and said she will never trust me. She-she even ruined the part of the project I was working on." She holds up a badly damaged poster. Its ripped and bent. "That cannot be true!" I exclaim. " Marinette was with me all day! Are you telling that she somehow was in two places at once and was able to destroy your project and help me with ours at the same time?! I protest glaring at the two. "I was scared to come forward but this happened yesterday before we got the cafeteria!" Gasps come from the room and I try my best to defend Marinette but no one listens. "Lets go to the principals office Lila. Marinette will not get away with this!" Alya says leading Lila to the pricipals office. Marinette is called in shortly thereafter. She comes back face red and packs up her things and leaves. "I got suspended for 2 weeks. The Prinipal didn't listen to me. At least I wasn't expelled this time." She says. "This better teach you to stop messing with Lila!" Alya says as her and Lila both walk back in. "I told you not to try anything and you still wouldn't listen! You are the most vile and disgusting huma being I've ever met! I wish I never even met you! Alya yells to Mari. Marientte runs out the classroom. Not looking at anyone. Lila sits down as everyone comforts her. It takes all my self control not to hit her. Her sweet smile as she looks at me. I look straight at my textbook. Lila will not get away with this.