CH 11

Arpine's POV

I take a deep breath to try and calm down. "So she is a liar! that 2 timing dirty double crossing snake in the grass!" I growl. "The worst part is that no one believes me. Even if I present the proof, they still believe Lila. Real friends wouldn't do that" says Mari sadly. "Then they aren't your friends" I say. Mari looks at me in shock. "If they truly were your friends, they would not turn on you and isolate you based on what some girl says." I tell her. "I didn't want to believe it, but you are right." she says.  " I can't believe i didn't notice it sooner!" Mari looks at me confused. "Notice what?" she asks me. It takes a minute for me to get my thoughts in order to speak. " You said that she threatened you right? That she wanted to make you lose all your friends and be alone?" Mari nods at me. "Well ever since I came here, she has been guilting me into spending time with her rather than you. I know its because I didn't know of her manipulative nature. She saw me as another classmate to manipulate!" I cover my face in my hands. I feel Mari pull me into a hug and I burst into tears and start crying. Mari comforts me. We stay in that position for what seems like hours but in reality was about 15 minutes. "Please don't be mad at me. I am sorry for not looking into her lies sooner." "I forgive you. You don't have to be sorry." I wipe my tears and smile at Mari. She smiles back. "Did you ever tell anyone that she threatened you?" Mari shakes her head. "There was no point in it because I knew no one would believe me." Her phone lights up with a text. It was Adrien reminding her that he is still there for her. She gets another text from Alya. This one makes my blood boil. It states '' How could you do this to Lila?! She says that you are still bullying her. Calling her a liar! She says you have brainwashed your own cousin into believing your lies. Lila is still nervous around you from when you hit her and threatened in the bathroom! Wasn't detentions enough for you to see the error of your ways! You still continue to bully Lila and all she is doing is trying to be nice to you. But you are so JEALOUS of her! That gives you no right to pick on her! I am disgusted with your actions! Stay away from Lila. I already told everyone what you did! They are just as angry with you as I am! I thought I knew you! You are a lying jealous brat! I am so happy I stopped being your best friend! Lila showed me your true colors. She showed everyone what a liar and bully you are!" Mari's texts back begging Alya to believe her no luck. Her phone pings with text messages from her classmates all calling her a liar and a bully. "Don't bother texting them. They aren't going to believe you." I say to her. "What am I going to do?'' she says. "you are going to have to try to ignore them. Maybe wear headphones in class to help with it. Just make sure your music isn't too loud to the point where you cant hear Ms. Bustier." She nods at me and sets her phone to the side. "I am here for you always Mari." She smiles and hugs me again. "I am glad I was able to talk to you. Thanks for supporting me. Its getting late you should head home." "Your welcome."  I nod before giving her a goodbye hug. I leave the bakery thoughts swirling in my head. Before I know it I am back home. Walking through the door, I take my bag off before changing and making dinner. Flairre comes out of my jacket once I give the all clear. "So Lila is a liar! I knew there was something up with her." Flairre says as I give her a hot pepper. "I know. But now she has turned everyone against Mari even further and now they are harassing her even more. I hope she doesn't get akumatized. I don't want to fight her. " My anger rises again and I slam my fist on the counter. "Calm down before you end up akumatized. What are you going to do now?" Flairre says hovering next to me. "I have to expose her before she ruins Mari's life even more. But how? No matter what we say or do, Lila can manipulate the situation and make herself the victim. Just like she did with Mari. Plus she has the class wrapped around her finger so badly, they won't believe us even with proof!" I groan as I eat dinner. "It is a very tricky situation indeed. Exposing her is the best option but going about it is the hard part. We could try exposing her to say Tvi news." "That's a great idea!" I say excitedly. "We can exposed her on the news! everyone will have to believe the news. I can send in a email with collected proof!" "Not quite. Not everyone believes everything the news says. Plus Lila can make herself the victim of the news. And she will definitely blame Mari as well due to the fact that Mari hates Lila for lying.'' I deflate as I take in Flairre's words. "Don't worry. I am sure we will fine a way to expose Lila for good." Flairre says in a attempt to comfort me. I smile as i finish dinner and homework before slipping into bed. My brain replays Mari's and I's conversation as I fall asleep.