Ch 13

Arpine's POV 

Finally the bell rings for lunch. The class files out. Mari tells me she needs to be alone for awhile and I understand. She leaves without another word. I quickly pack up my things trying to avoid Lila to no avail. "Listen. Marinette has hated me ever since I set foot here. I don't know why. I've tried to be her friend but she keeps insisting I am a liar. She cheated on a exam, then yelled at me blaming me for it. In the chaos, she pushed me down the stairs and stole my necklace. She almost got me akumatized to paint me out for the bad guy. I was scared to come to school. The only reason why Marinette is back into school is because that day was so stressful that  I misremembered details and apologized for getting Marinette in trouble. Since then she has harassed me and threatened me. I wanted to warn you about her behavior because she might do the same to you. But I know I can trust you." She smiles and gives me a hug. I hug her back biting my anger down . "Want to hang out with me at lunch?". I have no choice but to comply. Marinette still wants to be alone. Plus, if I hang out with Lila then she might not bother Marinette. We both head to the cafeteria  and I see Marinette alone at the back. I want to go to her but I don't want to make Lila mad. I sit down and Lila sits next to me. She smiles a sweetly fake smile as people crowd around. Alya sits next to us. "So you have finally seen what a liar and bully Marinette is?" I glare at her. " I am only sitting here because Marinette wanted to be alone." I hissed. Alya glares at me again before talking to Lila. I tune out their conversation glancing at Mari. She has her head down. The bell rings again and I decide to give her some space. I walk back to class and sit down. Marinette walks in face red from crying. Before I can ask her what's wrong. she shakes her head.  Indicating that she didn't want to speak. I nod at her as Lila walks in with Alya and they are chatting happily. Ms. Bustier walks in starting the lesson announcing a group project. "For this project you will have to pair or group up with other students. The most people that can be in a group is four. You will have to create a presentation and poster describing a famous person. You can also create an object related to that person as well. The project date to be turned in is next month. You will have time to do it in class as well." Everyone immediately turn toward Lila. "Aww. I would love to work with all of you but that wouldn't be possible. However I wouldn't mind giving you all information about the celebrities in your projects!" She says sweetly and everyone cheers. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. Everyone pairs up. I obviously pair up with Mari to Lila's dismay. Lila pairs up with Alya. " I am so happy I get to be paired up with my best friend!" She says loud enough for Marinette to hear. Marinette keeps her head down. "Arpine be careful working with Marinette. She might try to steal your ideas and pass it off as her own." says Lila. People glare at Mari and she shrinks on herself. We continue to talk about the project. The bell rings and everyone leaves the classroom. Mari and I have spoken about the project and we decided to do Gabriel Agreste as our chosen person. Mair has decided to create one of his pieces from scratch as our object related to the person. I decided to do the presentation with her input. As we leave she smiles for the first time all day. I smile back hugging her. I watch her leave vowing to protect her from Lila.