Chapter 2

He has seen Jungkook a few times, sat on the Alpha's table, which the older ends up getting up every attempt of conversation Taehyung makes, but that didn't make Taehyung lose his determination. As the twins tell him, it's still a good sign that their brother lets him sit across from him.

Seeing the Alpha made his day better, even his better days become more amazing, though today, everything was not going well within his company. The magazine articles, the cover and his employees are giving him a headache. He decided to go to Utopia to clear his mind and just talk to his new found friends, but he didn't expect the Alpha to be there as well, since neither Yoongi or Yoonji informed him.

And instead of taking a seat where the Alpha is, he decided to take the farthest table possible. Today was one of those days he regrets not wearing scent blockers and the very evident change of his delicate, soft and powdery scent of soft cottons and jasmine, and doesn't want to cause any discomfort to anyone especially the Alpha.

"Thank you. Are Yoongi and Yoonji around?" Taehyung asked one of the bartenders as they gave him his usual order.

"They are on heat leave Taehyung-ssi. Mr. Jeon is overseeing the café today." He responded.

"Oh I see. Thank you." 'That explains why' he thought.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"I would like to pay for my order." The omega answered.

"Except that Sir."

Taehyung smiled. "Then that would be all. Thank you Sunghoon."

"My pleasure Sir." The barista went back to the counter.

Just when his frustrations were finally beginning to fade with the mere presence of the Alpha across the room, he received a message from his secretary about another problem in their company and made him leave the café immediately, without even touching his hot chocolate and cake. He didn't even notice the concerned look the Alpha has on him.

The next time Taheyung saw Jungkook, he tried sitting in front of him and the latter didn't pay him attention as usual.

There is an unexplainable relief the Alpha felt when the omega's scent is back to how it used to be. The delicate, soft and powdery scent of soft cottons and jasmine. As much as he wants to deny it, he likes how it compliments his own vanillic scent of aging paper, the tang of fresh ink, oak and mahogany, and his inner Alpha who was distressed since he saw the omega troubled finally calmed down.

"Hi." Taehyung greeted him but the alpha paid no mind. To Taehyung, at least the Alpha didn't walk away this time.

A hot chocolate was immediately placed on the table and then he saw Yoonji smiling at him "I've missed you Taetae. Sorry for being out of reach since last week."

"I missed you too, Jiji and Yoonie as well." Taehyung smiled. "But don't worry about it. I was drowned with work and was so stressed that I haven't had time to visit here either." He replied.

"Do you mind?" Jungkook glared at his sister.

Yoonji rolled her eyes at him and looked at the omega. "Let's catch up some other time. Old people nowadays." She looked at her brother who was still glaring at and giggled, as she went back to their office.

Taehyung started to drink his hot chocolate and  watched Jungkook through the glass mirror window pretending to be looking at the passersby, basking with Alpha's comforting scent.

It was the longest time he and the Alpha shared a table without the latter walking away and leaving. Yoongi who was about to greet Taehyung decided to do otherwise because he didn't want to disturb the serenity the two shared, but instead, he just went to Namjoon who is also bewildered on how the Alpha hasn't made a move to leave just yet.