Chapter 13

Waking up in the middle of the night with his omega peacefully sleeping on his chest, Jungkook reached for his phone and sent a quick message to Namjoon.

📚🍬📚🍬📚🍬📚

Comforting someone when your heart feels uneasy is more emotionally exhausting than usual. So Taehyung went home late at night once he felt his hyung had finally calmed down, despite Jin's insistence of him sleeping over at his house. It was just a silly fight, but it was their first in a long time so Jin needed him to be there for him, or that's what he said.

Looking at his phone with no notifications from his alpha, not even a message telling him that he is okay or asking him how he is. He just sighed and placed it in his night stand. He was used to it, or that's what he is trying to convince himself with, everytime Jungkook has an important mission he barely sends him a message but barely means at least once he does, but today there was none.

Something is really wrong, he knows it, they are mated and he can feel them too, but he is trying to be patient and not to overthink so he tried his best to sleep, hugging the pillow that has his Alpha's scent, burying his nose trying to inhale every bits of it, trying his best to calm his aching heart and fall to sleep. It was close to impossible without his Alpha beside him but due to exhaustion and the emotional roller coaster day he just had, he succumbed to sleep.

They have not moved in officially together but they spent every night together in either of their places except when the Alpha had to go somewhere for missions, transactions and business deals, and when Taehyung had overseas commitments too. But tonight it felt different because he didn't hear from him. Not even a single 'Hi." Not even a dot, any sign of life. NONE.

Not even an hour in his deep sleep, his phone started ringing, he tried ignoring it first but it kept ringing nonstop. He knew it wasn't his alpha since he has a special ringtone assigned to him, so he kept on ignoring it.

But hearing the way Yoonji's voice trembles makes him want to regret not waking up sooner. "Have you seen Jungkookie-oppa?" The worried voice of Jungkook's younger sister woke Taehyung up.

"Jiji, what's wrong?" His heart is pounding fast and loud in his chest.

"Tae, have you seen him?" Yoongi's distraught voice answered instead.

"No." Taehyung looked out the window and it was pouring down hard. "He said he will be out for mafia business tonight, and will be busy throughout the weekend and that he won't be able to meet me and go on the trip to Jeju that I initially planned for both of us. What's wrong? Did something happen? You're making me more worried."

"It's one of those days." Yoonji answered.

"Please stop talking vaguely. I'm getting really worried now. Which days are you talking about?" Taehyung's voice gets louder and is getting impatient. "Tell me!"

"Twice a year," Yoongi took a deep breath. "Hyung drowns himself with alcohol. He goes missing for a day or so, and comes back like nothing happened. It happened first during our father's death anniversary the year after our mom died. We were still living together then. That day, he started drinking at home and asked Namjoon-hyung to drive him to one of the bars he owned."