Chapter 7

Whether in the underworld or surface, nobody other than his family, trusted people and his men know who the Geum Clan's Golden Boy is, and nobody wants to know what he looks like, because in the underworld, the only way to see him if you don't fall on the mentioned categories is when you are in his basement at his mercy. If he lets you go, which is rare, you are lucky. But if you open your mouth about his identity, be ready to have yours and the whole of your bloodline disappear in the face of the earth. Seeing him means it's the day you will perish.

This is the reason why Jungkook can easily roam around on the surface pretending to be a regular cafe owner. This is also the reason why the ego of some Alphas who Taehyung rejected are hurt. How can a mere owner of a coffee shop dare to court Taehyung? How can Taehyung choose him over them? Aside from Taehyung, they also gossip about Sunoo's barista boyfriend. They laugh at Kim Omega's choice of Alphas. They wanted to find out, and the news of Kim Brothers bringing their Alphas as his date in the Gala organized by Park Hyungsik, gave them the opportunity to do so.

But what they didn't expect is the Parks asking their youngest son on stage as the heir of their maternal business. The Gala was actually organized to introduce him officially to their social circle. Nobody knew that the young barista at Utopia was the brother of Hyungsik and the heir of the business their mother has been managing since. Hyungsik had been managing their Paternal business and they taught he will eventually manage their mother's too, but they just wanted Sunghoon to live an ordinary life of his own before they train him as an heir, something that was a tradition to the Parks but wasn't the case for Hyungsik when they made him take over when he was younger because of their father's health.

That leaves Taehyung being the only omega of the Kims who had who they call a nobody as his chosen Alpha. They were glad they weren't interested in the youngest omega because of his young age that they hadn't made a move on Sunghoon before the announcement, so when they saw Jungkook alone at the bar, they seized their opportunity.

Jungkook has recognized one of them. Do Jihan. How can he forget the Alpha who once approached Sunoo? He was just preoccupied by the company, gang matters and Taehyung that he didn't want to waste his energy on someone who's not worth his time. They sit closely to the older alpha on the bar stools, making sure that they can be heard despite the ongoing party. They were boasting about their wealth and company, trying to point out the difference of their social status compared to the Alpha. Jungkook just internally laughs at them, they weren't even near five percent of his net worth, but he let them be. He knows what they were doing, their lingering eyes to his omega is not hard to miss. He has seen them ogling at Taehyung, and of course the incident in the cafe, hearing from Jihan's mouth about his interest in courting Taehyung made him conclude on what they were up to.

Jungkook was about to go where Taehyung is when they decided to invade his personal space. "So, aren't you the famous Alpha who is courting Kim Taehyun?" One of the Alpha, Choi Minho looked at him judgingly, scanning from head to toe.

"Huh. Famous? Oh, right." One of the Alphas said the words mockingly.

Jungkook just shrugged, took his drink and tried to walk away from them, but only to be pushed back by one of the brooding alphas. "Isn't it rude to leave someone mid conversation?" He mockingly spoke to Jungkook. "Oh, I forgot, owning a cafe doesn't require one to be teached with ethics in social gatherings, especially when talking to someone of higher status."

"Don't be harsh Sechan," Ji-han finally approached them after having fun watching his friends scrutinize the Alpha. "His customers were limited to people who wanted to drink coffee and read books. Social etiquette wasn't really required, one just needs to know how to prepare some coffee."

Jungkook remained unfazed. He was just waiting to hear the other two Alpha's names and he was all set, but before he could hear them all, Taehyung was already approaching them with concern in his eyes, so Jungkook will have to find out using other ways then.