Side story |Chapter 13

Numb.

This is what Jungkook felt his body to be when he managed to open his eyes. Those are still blurry. Those still hurts from crying last night. It is hard to open them. His head aches like bitch.  His body feels to be paralysed. It feels like all his energy has been drained off.

He somehow got up and set down, resting his head on the headboard behind. He looked around the room and found himself to be alone. He wonders what time it is. He checks the digital clock kept next to him. It was early in the morning. It was seven and his husband was not there. He sighed and set there, staring at the closed door in front of him, as if waiting for someone to walk inside and ask him, how is he feeling? But he knows, no one will do so for him. He is alone. All alone.

He has always been alone since childhood. When he needed his mother the most, she ended up being paralysed. When he needed his father the most, he left him and stayed busy in his business world neglecting his son and leaving him alone to grow up under the care of caretakers. This is how he grew up. And when he is finally married, their relation is nothing like a lovely dovely couple. No spouse will come to see him if he is doing well? No spouse will come to ask if he is fine? Is he hurt? Did he sleep well?

He closes his eyes as his tears threatened to fall from his eyes once again in the morning. He pouts and hissed a little as it's his habit to stop himself from crying and absorbing the tears back. He knew, he is the only one who cares about him. This is what he learnt ultimately.

He has learnt that he is meant to take care of others. Take care of those whom he loves or else he will be a disappointment for them, even if he is not loved back. Well his mother loves him, but her being disappointed in him made him feel unloved. He made his mind to do whatever he is being told. Whatever the people are him wants him to do and dance on their tune like a puppet if it is the only thing that can make them happy.

He was about to cry again but the door of his room opened slowly. He looked up and found Taehyung looking inside. He must be checking if the older was up or not. He entered inside with a cup and walked towards him.

Jungkook furrowed as this was actually unexpected for him. "How do you feel? Here, drink this. I know your head must be hurting. You drank and cried a lot." The blonde handed him the cup who accepted it with slight trembling hands. "Thank you...." he whispered slowly but the silence was enough to let the other hear it.

Taehyung noticed his trembling hands and stress. He set next to him and spoke, "Why are your hands shaking? Are you sick?" He asked.

"N-no..I am just tired. And.....shocked to see you here and talking to me. I expected myself to be left-----" he spoke but stopped on the track.

"Alone?" The younger completed it. Jungkook nodded in response and took a sip of some warm liquid that was inside the cup.

"I shall not." Taehyung sighed, "Well, you are awful to me. Very much awful, but not more than my father. You are nothing in comparison to him so I can do at least this for you. And...as I am married to you. I have the responsibility. No matter how you treat me, I need to be on your side. Help you, take care of you, help you to realise things, teach you difference between right and wrong even if you are older than me." He added making Jungkook surprised again.

"I already told you that I shall try my best to love you even if you don't reciprocal the feeling. And as a human, you can also feel emotions. You also feel sad, hurt, broken....you need someone on your side. Even if you hurt me." He added making Jungkook choke a sob. He kept the cup aside on the nightstand as he feared that it shall fall due to his shaky hands and covered his face with his palms crying hard.

"Why Taehyung? Why are you still trying when I hurt you? I don't deserve you.....you are very good man. You deserve better. You deserve everything.....everything that is best." He cried taking the younger aback.