hazel callahan | can i be yours?

▪︎▪︎▪︎

o. Who knew all it'd take was getting drunk for you to confess your feelings for her.

warnings: idk, tbh. none?

a-n: I've had the sudden urge to write something for Hazel Callahan, and so here you go.

❤️

"Can I be yours?" You asked, words slurring as you slid onto the couch beside Hazel Callahan. You were too drunk off of the alcohol being served, that you weren't fully processing anything you were saying right now.

"I don't know, but I think you've had too much to drink."

Hazel turned to you, and she could feel her heart beating quicker than usual because of the closeness between the two of you.

Reaching over and grabbing the red solo cup from your hands. The liquid that was still in there, sloshing about, as she pulled it out of your reach

As much as she wanted those words you'd spoken before to be true, she knew that by morning, you'd be too hungover to even remember them.

"Nuh, uh." You shook your head, leaning forwards to grab at your unfinished drink now. Allowing Hazel to get a strong whiff of the perfume you wore. Fruity? Whatever it was, it was one of her favourite scents. "I've only had like..."

Hazel pulled the cup further away from you as you tried to remember how much you've drunk.

She knew that if you drank anymore you'd be regretting it when you woke up tomorrow. So, she tried to soften the effects of tomorrow's hangover by stopping you.

You groaned and leaned back against the couch. Your eyes, drooping, closed the slightest bit as you fought the tiredness that was now taking over you. The same tiredness, which was coming as a result of all the alcohol you'd drank that night.

You could feel an awkward silence overcoming you both for the next few moments.

Although, it was over as soon as it had begun, when you finally spoke up again. The silence, that is.

"You know, it's funny how much I like you caring for me. Like, I love you, but I know you'd never see me as more than a friend."

Hazel froze. Her hand, which was holding the red cup, soon dropped it. Her mind is trying to wrap itself around the thought of you liking her. No, liking her back. Something she always thought could never be real.

There's no way. No way. This is a dream. She felt the bitter words, entering her thoughts now. Were you serious? Were you just saying this because you were drunk? She didn't know, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to find out and risk it all being her imagining things.

But then again, what was that saying again...? Something about drunken words being sober thoughts. Maybe you were being serious, and you really did mean all those words.

"I-I think, I should take you home...now." She hesitated, after finding herself coming back to reality from her once-rapid-going thoughts.

~~~~

Waking up, groaning, you felt your eyes adjusting to the lights above you. Your left hand reaches up to your forehead in an attempt to rub away at the pounding headache that wouldn't stop.