4

After leaving the banquet hall, Kim Lalisa received a license plate number from Jeon Jeongguk: Get on this car and let the driver take you here.

Kim Lalisa exted back: I'm lost! Your mansion is too big!

Jeon Jeongguk: Keep heading south, cross a lotus pond, and you'll see a jade screen at the front gate.

Kim Lalisa : I'm from the south.

Jeon Jeongguk: So?

Kim Lalisa : I can't tell directions.

Jeon Jeongguk: ......Take a photo of what's right in front of you.

Kim Lalisa hurriedly stood in place and took a photo. Jeon Jeongguk quickly texted back: Go left.

With his guidance over text messages, Kim Lalisa finally made her way out of the grand mansion. The car Jeon Jeongguk described was indeed already waiting at the gate—a black Bentley, with the driver wearing a suit and white gloves. Seeing her approach, he respectfully opened the door for her.

Kim Lalisa : So this is the world of the wealthy?

The car had a faint cool pine scent. The driver started the engine and asked, "Mr. Jeon, taking you home?"

In a low voice, Kim Lalisa responded, "To the seaside villa."

Damn, what a sexy voice.

The nightscape flashed by outside the windows as they gradually left the city center. The seaside road ran alongside the sea, cool and breezy up in the hills. The standard seaside mansions in that area were mostly vacation homes for the wealthy. Kim Lalisa rolled down the window and heard the sound of waves breaking over rocks.

The car continued uphill until finally stopping in front of an estate at the peak of the mountain.

It was a summer night. The estate's front gate was lined on both sides with climbing roses in full bloom under the moonlight. The sea breeze blew their fragrance everywhere. Kim Lalisa took a deep breath and stepped into the estate.

A sturdy figure stood on the stone path at the front door. Seeing her approach, he greeted in a low voice, "Boss."

Kim Lalisa guessed this was probably Jeon Jeongguk's assistant, Fu Mingyu.

She nodded. Fu Mingyu said, "The young miss is already inside." He hesitated, then added, "She hurt herself and got into your medicine cabinet."

Kim Lalisa was shocked. "She's hurt? Where? Is it serious?"

Fu Mingyu: "......"

The boss had always disliked others touching his things. Fu Mingyu had hesitated again and again before finally not stopping the young miss. And to be honest, that young miss had such a cold demeanor, just like his boss, that he hadn't dared interfere.

He just hadn't expected the normally steady and aloof boss to have such an emotional side—that young miss must be very important to him!

Fu Mingyu quickly said, "It's not serious, just scraped her knee when she fell. The young miss has already treated it."

Kim Lalisa waved her hand and hurried inside.

Watching his boss's worried back, Fu Mingyu's face was grave as he thought: Am I going to have a boss's wife soon?

Pushing open the door, the spacious living room seemed extremely empty. The first thing Kim Lalisa saw was a magnificent floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the shimmering sea under the moonlight. The lights were on in the living room, and a slender figure was projected onto the window.