91-100

The car was still parked outside the door.

Cheng Yaowen didn't lie to his mother. His company had been exceptionally busy recently. Those few projects that were almost certainly going to be marked had somehow slipped away, resulting in more than half of the company's projects for the next quarter being lost.

Cheng's father was furious. Although they were still investigating who was behind the schemes against the Chengs, the urgent task at hand was to fill these holes.

Cheng Yaowen was run off his feet and had no time to think about Kim Lalisa. But when his mother mentioned her today, his gaze grew gloomy as he picked up the jewelry box in the car. Opening it, beads and jewels glittered. Such a beautiful necklace was most suitable to be worn around that snowy white neck.

He had been wondering before how to find an excuse to give her this necklace, knowing that no matter what reason he came up with, Kim Lalisa would not accept it.

But he still wanted to give it to her.

His mother's outburst today happened to give him a legitimate reason—as an apology.

However, Kim Lalisa was probably still angry. He'd better not provoke her for now. Knowing her sharp tongue, his mother had probably not had a pleasant time with her today.

Thinking of his mother being humiliated, Cheng Yaowen felt strangely exhilarated.

However, what his mother had said was that Kim Lalisa had threatened her using the might of some backer behind her, wanting to target the Tian family...

Could Kim Lalisa really have a powerful backer? If she did, how could she have been oppressed by Jeon Lecheng all these years? Cheng Yaowen contemplated this for a moment before suddenly recalling the two Jeon endorsements she had obtained recently.

Apart from the talent agency run incompetently by that fool Jeon Lecheng, the Jeon Group was rarely involved in the entertainment industry. Their endorsed products also did not look for celebrities with high popularity. He had assumed that Kim Lalisa's image simply suited the product positioning. But what if that wasn't the case?

The Jeon family...that huge and influential noble family in Jing City, tangled and complex. Who could it be among them?

Thinking that Kim Lalisa might have really cozied up to a sponsor, the turbulent emotions in Cheng Yaowen's heart raged again.

...

Fu Mingyu had received orders from the boss twice in a row to investigate other companies. The first time was Shirong Real Estate of the Cheng anxiously glanced at the door of the president's office, feeling that this job was getting a little intense.

This time, the boss had ordered her to investigate the Tian family. After some research, Fu Mingyu discovered that the Tians were actually related by marriage to the Chengs. Although the Tians had declined after marrying off their daughter, they now only owned an electronics company and three electronics factories that produced products. Compared to the resourceful Cheng family, they were nothing worth mentioning.

After reporting the situation to the boss, Fu Mingyu received orders to cut off the supply chains to the Tian electronics factories.

While disrupting the Chengs previously could be said to just cause them some trouble, it would not cripple them. But the measures targeting the Tians this time could easily lead to the factories shutting down. With supply issues and financial gaps, the electronics company would also face bankruptcy.

He didn't know how the Chengs or Tians had offended the boss, but they surely deserved it!

The boss was such a tolerant person. If he hadn't been terribly offended, how could he order such ruthless actions? As the boss's most loyal assistant, letting her cripple the Tians first would please the boss. She would then slowly erode the Chengs bit by bit!