10

The waiter quickly brought the menu over. After he left, Jeon Jeongguk said, "Order whatever you like to eat."

Kim Lalisa happily flipped open the menu. Using someone else's body, she felt no psychological burden eating all the oily and spicy dishes she had abstained from for a long time. After thinking for a moment, she asked him, "Do you have any food restrictions?"

Jeon Jeongguk was looking through some documents: "No."

After ordering, he passed over a notebook and Kim Lalisa saw that the horizontal lines on the cover messily contained the two characters for "Kim You." This was YouYou's homework notebook!

She flipped it open and saw that the graph paper neatly broke down the three characters of "Jeon Jeongguk"—it was clearly a handwriting practice book.

Jeon Jeongguk said, "I'll have to trouble you to practice my signature. If any urgent documents require an on-site signature in the future, you can sign for me." He gestured for her to flip further and Kim Lalisa turned a few pages, seeing a name that looked about 80% similar to her own handwriting: "I practiced copying your contract signature at home this morning, but it's still not close enough. I'll spend more time practicing it later."

Kim Lalisa: ...

Do you top students exist just to make average people like me feel ashamed?

She solemnly put the notebook away, secretly vowing that as soon as she returned to the company, she would practice writing and definitely could not lose to him!

This damn competitive streak always popped up in strange places.

The waiter started serving the dishes. Jeon Jeongguk finally finished with the documents and glanced over the food on the table, roughly understanding her preferences. Kim Lalisa picked up her chopsticks and heartily tucked in. A thought suddenly occurred to her and she curiously asked, "I noticed your company's employees seem a little scared of you, why is that?"

"Scared of me?" Jeon Jeongguk clearly hadn't realized this issue before. He knit his brows in thought before replying, "When I first joined the company, some people were not convinced by me. I used some methods and fired a portion of them, some of whom ended up in jail. I probably frightened them."

He spoke breezily, but Kim Lalisa listened with shock written all over her face. Using just her toes, she could guess that it must have been a battle without gunpowder, and he couldn't have secured the position of Jeon  Company president in half a year without ruthlessness and scheming.

Kim Lalisa grew nervous, "You didn't use any illegal methods, right? We still don't know when we'll switch back and I don't want to go to jail!"

"..." Jeon Jeongguk gave her an exasperated look, "I just obtained evidence of their illegal activities."

Kim Lalisa: "Oh, then let me praise you for being an outstanding, law-abiding citizen who boldly reports crimes!"

Jeon Jeongguk: "..."

He cut off Kim Lalisa who was eagerly about to ask exactly what illegal evidence he had obtained. "I ran into Duan Mangyun earlier."

Upon hearing this name, Kim Lalisa's attention was immediately diverted, her previously lively eyes instantly dimming. Although she was nonchalant on the surface, how could she truly remain unaffected after being betrayed by a good friend?

She sullenly asked, "What did she say?"

Jeon Jeongguk recalled Duan Mangyun's performance that morning, "She admitted what happened last night was her doing."

Kim Lalisa wisted her lips. He asked, "How do you plan to deal with her?"

She heaved a sigh, glumly poking at the garlic ribs in her bowl without answering. This surprised Jeon Jeongguk. He had assumed with Kim Lalisa's  passionate and straight-forward personality, she would surely retaliate with a thunderous strike.