6

"Lalisa, where are you?" The woman's voice on the phone was intimate and full of concern, "I went to take a call last night at the cocktail party and when I came back you were gone. Did you go home?"

Jeongguk had a good memory and immediately recognized that the voice belonged to the woman he had heard on the balcony last night.

"I wasn't feeling well so I went home early," he replied. "What's up?"

Hearing his cold tone, Duan Mangyun felt a little panic. Kim Lalisa had always been a lively person, full of passion in everything she said and did. How could she suddenly become so cold towards her? Could she have noticed what happened last night had something to do with her?

Duan Mangyun gave an awkward laugh, "Oh, nothing much. I was just a little worried about you."

Jeon Jeongguk said, "If there's nothing, I'm going to hang up now."

And he really did hang up.

Duan Mangyun was left listening to the "beep beep" tone, stunned for a while before she could react.

After hanging up, Jeon Jeongguk said in a calm tone, "It's her."

Kim Lalisa had a disappointed and sad look on her face. Before Jeon Jeongguk  could comfort her, she quickly pulled herself together and cheered herself on, "Forget it. It's my own fault for poor judgement of character. I'll be more discerning in the future!"

After she spoke, she noticed Jeon Jeongguk  gazing at her somewhat absentmindedly. She waved her hand in front of his eyes, "What's wrong?"

Jeon Jeongguk  quickly returned to normal, shaking his head, "Nothing. You should get to the company now. There's a meeting at 8am. The voice recorder is in your office drawer. Remember to record the entire meeting."

While grumbling about "What kind of devilish company has meetings at 8am on a Saturday," Jeon Jeongguk rubbed her sore shoulders and got up. Although the manor was rarely lived in, it was fully equipped with everything needed for daily life. After washing up in the bathroom, they each went their separate ways.

Fu Mingyu, who had been waiting expectantly outside hoping for at least a goodbye hug between the two beautiful people: ....That's it?
The driver had already opened the car door. Kim Lalisa  got in the car and told him, "Go to the company."

Fu Mingyu followed and got in. Despite himself, he couldn't help asking, "What about the young lady?"

The two had already discussed that Kim Lalisa  didn't have much work over the next few days. She just needed to get familiar with the Kim  family environment while waiting for Director Zeng's notice of the audition. While reviewing her schedule to confirm Mr. Boss' plans for the day, she replied, "Don't worry about her."

How could the boss be so cold towards such a beauty!!!

Knowing his temperament, Fu Mingyu didn't dare ask any more and obediently kept quiet.

As the car headed downhill towards the city, Kim Lalisa asked the driver, "Can you pull over up ahead?"

The driver glanced at the street sign. "Ms. Kim, we can stop for three minutes."

"Okay, stop for a bit up ahead." She turned to Fu Mingyu, "Go quickly and buy me a scallion pancake from that cart."

She pointed at the small pushcart selling scallion pancakes near the subway entrance.

Fu Mingyu wondered if he had heard wrong.

Kim Lalisa rged him, "Hurry, we only have three minutes."

Fu Mingyu flew out of the car.