6

🦋
They ruled Taehyun's death as a suicide.

I don't want to believe it, I don't want to believe he would leave me.

Drugs were in his system, he had done a lethal amount before going behind the wheel and passing out.

They said what made them sure it was a suicide was an unsent text message.

To me.

They never told me what it said.

I think Yeonjun convinced them not to.

I arrived late to Taehyun's funeral, just in time to watch them lower the casket.

Everyone was nice, comforting.

Except for his aunt.

I walk into the lines of chairs, stumbling slightly before I took a seat next to Yeonjun, he said he would save one for me.

He held my hand.

I watched them lower him into the ground, it was a feeling that I can't explain.

Seeing that really concreted the thought into my head that i'm never going to see him again.

I'll never feel him, talk to him.

I'll be stuck, desperately grabbing onto memories for the rest of my life.

Yeonjun helped me up from my seat, walking me to the exit, but we were stopped by Taehyun's aunt, tears streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry for your loss ma'am but I really need to get him home-"

"You- fucking murderer!" She yelled, choking on her own sobs as she fell to her knees.

My eyes widened, those words replaying in my head.

"What?" I managed to get out, looking down at her.
She cried into the dirt, her shaking hands grabbed my ankles.

"It's your fault why couldn't you- why couldn't you have stopped him?"

I started to cry, I felt this pain in my whole entire body.

It was my fault, wasn't it?

"Thats enough, don't listen to her Beomgyu, okay? Come on now."

Yeonjun pulled me away, I watched the ground as her screams echoed behind me.

Yeonjun stopped by the door of his car, facing me.

We were damp, it had been drizzling all day.

He reached out to me, fixing my hair and my suit which I hadn't put much effort into putting on.

"It isn't your fault Beoms."

"I miss him Yeonjun."

"I know you do." Yeonjun shushes, grabbing me and pulling me into a hug.

I rested my head against his chest, unable to stop tears from falling.

"I want him back."

Yeonjun threaded a hand through my hair, pressing his lips against my head before whispering.

"It'll be okay, I promise Beomgyu it'll be okay."

I remember crying out, hitting, screaming, but Yeonjun didn't pull away, he just held me, told me it would be alright, that he was there.

I didn't go to school for a week or two, but when i came back Yeonjun was with me the whole time, we even made a shitty poster board, filled with pictures   of Taehyun, drawings, notes all dedicated to him.