01 | VISITING MUM

I was back at Uncle Charlie's, he was starting to worry so I had to come back.

I just kept Faye out of any physical contact with others and we were fine. I was the only person that she hasn't touched.

Today was June 23rd. The day.

I got dressed and ready for the day

I got dressed and ready for the day. Aunt Deena and Gia flew down too so we could all see mum together.

I looked to my bedside table and take out the necklace mom wanted me to wear when I visit her.

As I clip it on, it begins to glow like the last one did which causes me to smile.

I walked out of my bedroom with Faye in my arms and a red and white rose bouquet in the other.

They were mom's favourite.
Always reminded me of her.

I hopped into Aunt Deena's car and we were on our way to the cemetery. It was a midday and I would probably stay till late.

✯✯✯

Arriving, there was no one there. It was a ghost town, literally.

I found my mother's grave and read the tombstone out loud, like I do every year. It gave me a sense of comfort.

𝐈𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟,
𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭- 𝐃𝐰𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫.
𝐀 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞.

I sigh as I listen to Aunt Deena and Gia saying their words to mom. I was gonna go last and I wanted to do it alone.

It was amazing how they could do it without sobbing. A few tears here and there were shared but.. yeah.

It was almost evening when Aunt Deena finished while wiping her tears with a hankerchief.

She and Gia left me and waited in the car.

I crouched down in front of my mom and the tears already starting forming.

"Hey mom, happy Birthday. Today you'll be 52. I miss you a lot, like a lot a lot" I start off before wiping my tears, my voice cracking as I speak.

"I went back to Phoenix and saw a video of you and Aunt Deena at church. You looked so cute and beautiful. Your voice is beautiful"

"But... the visions have been starting again and they've been getting worse. Even in Forks now. It doesn't stop. You keep warning me mom, I don- I don't know"