09 | LAURENT

Time flew by fast. My baby girl turned two years on the 11th of November; Gia and I performed again in Seattle and befriended a college student named Riley. And Bella hasn't been out of her zombie state.

New year, new life.

It was now the 19th of January and I was in the music room while Faye slept up in her room.

I had been working on a song that was in my drafts.

I picked up the acoustic guitar and got to playing.

As I finished on the guitar, I heard the front door open. I masked myself and put down the guitar before walking to the door to see Bella.

I sat down to see what she'd do next. She sighs before leaving the house and walking away.

I unmask myself and go up to Faye's bedroom to check up on her.

✯✯✯

Valentine's Day wasn't so long ago and my mates and I had the best time. But it was now February 16th and I had been invited to go to the movies with Jacob, Bella and Mike.

Right now, late afternoon, I was with Jessica and Ang in Angela's bedroom.

"So, you know what you wanna do yet?" I ask Jessica and Angela. "Law school" Jessica replies.

"Medical" Angela answers. "So how has Chicago and University been treating you?" Angela asks.

"You have applied to a University right?" Jessica quickly asks me and I nod, lying.

They sigh in relief for me.

"Chicago's been good to answer your question" I say to Angela and she nods with a smile.

"Well I'm glad you've been enjoying yourself." Jessica then quickly speaks, "And I'm glad you still acknowledge us as your friends and don't ignore us cause some family left town" She says, referring to Bella.

"Like I care" She scoffs.

"The Cullens didn't even like Bella, I don't get what her problem is" Angela sighs and shakes her head.

"I'm actually going out with her, Mike and Jacob tonight. Movies" I state.

"Oh yeah, she wanted us all to go but I've got loads of homework and can't make it" Angela sighs.

"And I've got this stomach flu that's been going around. So I really don't wanna barf in a popcorn bucket" Jessica states which causes me to chuckle.

I check the time to see it's an hour before our movie. "Well, I gotta go. See you guys tomorrow, love y'all. Bye" I wave before exiting Angel's bedroom.

✯✯✯